For Sale: 1955 Ford FAIRLANE sedan - $4,700 - Arverne, LINY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1955 Ford FAIRLANE sedan - $4,700 - Arverne, LINY

Ford FAIRLANE Beautiful Classic Automobile For Sale! - cars & trucks... (craigslist.org)

FORD FAIRLANE 1955 CLASSIC BEAUTY. This automobile has a 6 cylinder original engine ! Only has 59,000 original miles! This classic Beauty has been maintained. Runs Good It has been tuned up. The carburetor recently has been rebuilt It had front end and rear end work control arms new Springs, shocks exct, brakes, brake lines . This beautiful classic automobile Needs a new home. I've had it for years in storage but now it's kept outside as you can see the clear coat and the paint is starting to fade and it's starting to get rust spots in certain places on the body so it does need body work now. I don't have the time to enjoy this beauty anymore So that's why it's FOR SALE So someone else and their family. Can Admire and Enjoy this fine automobile the same way we did. It is negotiable. Please serious inquiries only. Thank you!

Copy and paste in your email:  f8d8758b4b1f38ba850057bed9e7cb64@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Ford FAIRLANE sedan.

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY a.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY b.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY c.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY d.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY e.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY f.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY g.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY h.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY ha.jpg

'55 Ford FAIRLANE 4dr LINY i.jpg

9 hours ago, John S. said:

Six with an automatic. Nice Ford for no money.

I really like this Ford - I even like the fact that it has the six cylinder engine, which seems rather uncommon these days.  But, I wonder how much of a slug it might be when the six is combined with the automatic transmission.  It might even be a slug with a straight shift.  I had a '59 Ford with the 6 and a 3-speed manual.  It certainly qualified as a slug.

Regardless, it looks like a nice car, even with the furry seats.

I see lots of rust stain streaks from it sitting outside and hopefully not Hurricane flooding.   I would look really close at everything.  Very salty Climate for something like this to sit out.  Cars disappear over time outside in this area.  Paint job is shot.  I think it's priced right where I would expect it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dosmo said:

But, I wonder how much of a slug it might be when the six is combined with the automatic transmission.  It might even be a slug with a straight shift.

Personally I love the Ford OHV six.  I Have had a few but they are very unusual in the upper models. 

FYI 1955 is the only year Ford used an "I6" emblem on the fender. 

Power house? Eh. . . They have a lot more power (and torque) than my 1920s cars. . . . 

They are torquey and pull better than a Y-block. Typically a six with overdrive has a rather low rear axle ratio and their actually get away is equal to a V-8 

Maybe a Y-block is a little faster??? But you will also hear every valve clack as you gain each mile in speed.  FE motor? (post 58) good runner, but only 8-10 MPG. 

A 223 Ford six is a very under appreciated engine.

I once pulled a 292 auto from a 1960 Starliner and swapped in a 223 3 speed, great driving car. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, Dosmo said:

I wonder how much of a slug it might be when the six is combined with the automatic transmission.  It might even be a slug with a straight shift.  I had a '59 Ford with the 6 and a 3-speed manual.  It certainly qualified as a slug.

From what I gather, Ford's six had 120 hp, but that was at 3900 rpm. Not exactly an I-80 car. It might survive at lower speeds on the interstate for a while, but the entrance ramps would be nightmarish. I'm guessing a good cruising speed would be about 50 - 55.