AACA Decal

Tim Wolfe

Hi, in another thread just yesterday we were talking about not having anything on your trailer to ID what’s inside. No racing stickers, no advertisement, no “team” name. I recommend placing the large sticker on the inside of the man door.......when in the parking lot it’s clearly visible, and shows support for the club. Trailers with car markings often have tools, equipment, and cars that are targeted for theft..........today a tracking device is a must for any trailer..........

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Im with Ed on this one. My trailer performs double duty with my construction business. I have my business name on it only. On its break from work it has been full of motorcycles, both very old and new. Last thing I want to do is advertise whats inside. When I travel with bikes I always park against a light post or building (ramp door).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kings32 said:

You can get them from headquarters . I have them on both my trailers. Can't be scared of every thing makes you crazy. king32

Cant completely disagree, besides thats why I spend a fortune on insurance every year. 

On the other hand, with my business on the trailer I have been the victim of DOT many times. I once knew an electrician that had some kind of motocross team logo painted on his work trailer. Said he never got stopped (personal use has different rules than commercial).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly today, many trailers are stolen to use as cook labs for drug operations. The contents are often not the reason the trailer is stolen. A gps tracking device is now a must for any trailer. Placing a solar charger on the roof, and using it to charge a winch battery, break away battery, led lighting system battery, electric jack battery, and the gps tracker battery. We are working on an all inclusive system using only two batteries......a large deep cycle for the heavy loads, a also charging the break away battery. Our design also uses the larger battery as back up to the small independent break away unit. It’s a nifty package. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Tim, we have been selling trailer decals for almost 50 years.  Not aware of any problems.  We have them in two sizes and several colors.  Good seeing you and your wonderful car in Auburn!  Just call HQ and we can handle for you....

Had a great time at the show, saw a lot of old friends. Invited West to go with us this Friday to a private museum. Bought a new trailer, old toy hauler had large pictures of of car on the sides, never had a problem. Don't forget to check on shirts for women !

17 hours ago, edinmass said:

Sadly today, many trailers are stolen to use as cook labs for drug operations. The contents are often not the reason the trailer is stolen. A gps tracking device is now a must for any trailer. Placing a solar charger on the roof, and using it to charge a winch battery, break away battery, led lighting system battery, electric jack battery, and the gps tracker battery. We are working on an all inclusive system using only two batteries......a large deep cycle for the heavy loads, a also charging the break away battery. Our design also uses the larger battery as back up to the small independent break away unit. It’s a nifty package. 

Being as anal as I am I even park my trailers under cover. I have a 26 ft enclosed, a 6X12 enclosed and a 22 ft open. All are parked under cover, open front machine sheds.

They all have electric jacks and I hook them up to the cheapy HF solar panels. The shed faces north so they rarely get direct sun but the batteries always have enough to get hooked up and the truck will make sure the batteries are all charged up when I park.

Works for me.

IM004936.JPG

IM004937.JPG

IM004938.JPG

• Like 3

I've been thinking of the trailer wrap that advertises something like "sewage equipment repair - all work done on site" or "Crime Scene Cleanup".   Except I'd have to park it in my yard occasionally, making me the subject of unwanted gossip.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:25 PM, JACK M said:

Being as anal as I am I even park my trailers under cover. I have a 26 ft enclosed, a 6X12 enclosed and a 22 ft open. All are parked under cover, open front machine sheds.

They all have electric jacks and I hook them up to the cheapy HF solar panels. The shed faces north so they rarely get direct sun but the batteries always have enough to get hooked up and the truck will make sure the batteries are all charged up when I park.

Works for me.

IM004937.JPG

Jack, teach that dog to growl and show his teeth, you'll never need an alarm system.

• Haha 1

Where does a person get one of these GPS units that is talked about on here?  How much does something like this cost?  Do you have to have one of those 'smart' (I callem stupid) phones to make it work?  If that phone is required, then count me out.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

21 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

Jack, teach that dog to growl and show his teeth, you'll never need an alarm system.

Funny thing about that old boy.

He would rather hang out with people than play with other dogs.

Whenever anyone comes over he demands they play tug-o-war, Loves to fetch as well.

However, several dogs in the neighborhood, all behind their respective fences, one barks they all bark.

They all have their own preferred look out place so that they can be the first to sound the walker alarm.

My house is on a walking loop of sorts just outside of the city limits of our small town, Lots of walkers here.

Most of those walkers know all of our dogs by name.

If they are walking their dogs all hell breaks loose until they pass.

I guess no one around here needs an alarm. But I do have a pretty good surveillance system.

• Like 1