Hope you guys are enjoying your Independence Day

Thank you for the well wishes!  Many of us on this side of the pond enjoy your TV shows, sports cars and of course the famous fish and chips!  Beer too but we prefer ours a wee more chilled.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Best wishes to all on our Independence Day , it is a day perhaps to remember how good indeed we have it and be thankful for same. Sometimes hard to do that with all the negativity in the news with protests, and voices  putting down everyone and anything that has more then someone else. Most of us saw our parents/grandparents work to give us the opportunity to do the same. Work as hard as we can try to share what we gain and not expect anything from anyone. 

Keep well all and continue to enjoy the comradeship we have here with AACA and the forums we can look at every day at any hour.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Thank you for the well wishes!  Many of us on this side of the pond enjoy your TV shows, sports cars and of course the famous fish and chips!  Beer too but we prefer ours a wee more chilled.

Most of my generation have been Americanised , love big Mac’s , cold beer , buds and miller for me , American drama , ( breaking bad , mad men  , Ozark , being some of my favourites. They love American muscle cars , me American 50s backwards to 30s. I’m glad you like fish and chips , used to be the most favourite British dish , Afraid been surpassed by chicken tikka Marsala ! 

200 years on but think we still maintain a warm feeling and affinity to our American brothers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No classic cars today but watching the Indy Car race and will watch NASCAR shortly. So still a car heavy day, just the way I like it! 

Well, I may get a coat of clear on my Revell 1948 Ford. I messed it up badly and am hoping I can save the build. It's 1/25 scale but it is a classic car. 

• Like 3

Drove our 1921 Franklin in yesterday's 4th of July parade in Round Rock, Texas.  

Lots of hometown floats, boy scout troops and local organizations. Great local parade.

We were the only old car to participate in the parade - no Model As, Ts or even the Miata club. Can't understand why. If our 100-year-old car can make it, why can't the others?

I remember back in the old days in San Diego, how the local AACA would send at least a dozen cars to the parades in each area.

But we had fun. Must have honked the Klaxon horn several hundred times. 

IMG_0348.JPG

• Like 12

Our little town held it's 4th of July Parade on Saturday the 3rd.   I guess that's the Bible Belt way.

The two block Parade had the town's 1937 Chevrolet Fire truck, our 35 Buick, a 35 Ford Fordor, a 68 AMX,

a T  Bucket hot rod and about 6 Jeeps, 4 Pickup trucks, a dozen dogs in patriotic costumes, a pony and some

girl scouts.   The one block parade was over faster than it started.   Plenty of spectators though.   In years when 

Independence Day is not on a Sunday we have a big parade.   We also had Fireworks on Saturday evening.

In my sister's town, they only decorate one side if the pickup trucks and all the spectators all stand on that side

of the street.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the well wishes and I am certainly enjoying the day!  

Recently patched up radiator installed, all fluids changed, grease cups filled and turned down… my new toy is nearly ready for the road… I guess I do need to change a tire. 

18D4437C-0AFF-4E9B-BF92-6BF0375E666C.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RansomEli said:

Drove our 1921 Franklin in yesterday's 4th of July parade in Round Rock, Texas.  

Lots of hometown floats, boy scout troops and local organizations. Great local parade.

We were the only old car to participate in the parade - no Model As, Ts or even the Miata club. Can't understand why. If our 100-year-old car can make it, why can't the others?

I remember back in the old days in San Diego, how the local AACA would send at least a dozen cars to the parades in each area.

But we had fun. Must have honked the Klaxon horn several hundred times. 

IMG_0348.JPG

I drove some of those cars in San Diego parades. Fun stuff.

Posted (edited)

I had my choice to go to a big cruise last night or a show early today.  I opted for the Saturday Night Cruise & worked today. Finished up my maintenance, washed the truck & trailer, Armor-all the tires, etc. for this weeks trip. I then cut 4 1/2 acres of grass followed by a shower & a couple of adult beverages on the front porch watching the sun set. Might not be every ones cup of tea, but I am gone so much that just sitting on the porch when I get the chance is awesome!

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

20210624_172228 (800x600).jpg

20210518_191932 (800x600).jpg

20210518_191941 (800x600).jpg

20210606_204950 (800x600).jpg

Edited by Bills Auto Works (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Bill, don’t apologize. I totally get it. Your slice of heaven there looks like a good place to watch the sunset and bring the day to a close. I don’t need excitement or lots of action either. It is good to have a place you call home that you like. 

I love to get on the tractor and cut grass. Like therapy to me....productive, background white noise, mind going a million miles an hour.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May be an image of outdoors

Here's a pretty good pic of my son in law winning the trophy dash last night.

I am only the owner/tuner this year. Besides I got drafted to the flagger position yesterday.

We have always raced something somewhere on the 4th of July.

Independence day to me. Apple pie a good race and a cold beer. (not necessarily in that order).

God Bless America

🏁

• Like 2