Help! Looking for an affordable open car 1918-1928

yachtflame

I have a friend that is in his mid 70’s. The guy is a workaholic s as Nd works 7 days a week fixing everything from a modern car wheel bearing to rock quarry crushing machines.  He never has time to work on his own cars. He’s helped me with my 1930 LaSalle and now my 1949 Jaguar MK V. He won’t take money from me cuz he says I’m always helping him out. 
 The other day he sighed and said he wished he had a late teens to mid 20’s car to Cruze around in on warm nights. 
 This guy is ALWAYS helping others out and I’d like to help him have a little fun time. I asked him what type of car and he said it didn’t matter, just wanted to be able to drive something like his grandfather and father drove just for fun.

If s as ny one has a drivable, reasonably priced car that they’d be willing to part with, I’d like to do something for my friend. We never know how long we’ve got and should be able to enjoy some of the time we have left. 
 The closer to Western Mass, the better!

Wayne

For your consideration.  1921 REO Model T6.  39,000 actual miles.  Selling to pursue a 24 REO that my father owned in the late 70’s.  I do have an enclosed trailer and could work delivery into the deal.  I am taking this car to the REO club meet in two weeks being held in Appleton WI.  The car left the the factory on July 17th 1921 so it will be 100 years old in a couple of weeks.  I am the 4th owner of the vehicle.  I am in the Chicagoland area.  Asking $24,000 but I will entertain reasonable offers.  Feel free to call with any questions…. 708-259-0298.  Thanks.

13D0C07A-0B82-4E53-82D9-9D5BD5404A36.jpeg

2EE1727B-7313-4BB2-B8B2-D0F811F64B27.jpeg

203A815F-FB8D-4939-9E8E-9154119DFBAB.jpeg

I would love to sell my car to get dad’s old car, but I just found this on eBay and it’s in your area and may be more affordable for you.  Dodge Brothers quality is not the quite the same as a REO, and this one doesn’t appear to be in as good of a condition as the REO.  But I’m more about the hobby and your story/intent to make a good guy have some good times.  Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265217795551?hash=item3dc03665df:g:piEAAOSwH5hg2MS7

Wow Roger, thanks for the link. I appreciate your help. Your REO looks very nice and probably is a great price for such a beauty. It’s a bit more then I want to spend on a friend...a good friend but not quite THST good! 🙄

I’ll look into the Dodge. I used to run a yacht for Horace’s granddaughter. There were some fun stories told by her!

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...