Feedback on 1976 Grand Prix

CTCV

I have acquired a 76 Grand Prix. I do not know a heck of allot about them but this one has a 400 engine.

I would say it is between fair and good condition. Interior is nice. The original owner had it painted at some point but I do not know when but the technician (and I use the word loosely) apparently did not believe in purchasing the molding clips at the rockers and screwed right through the moldings to attach them. I could barely even get that out of my mouth without getting sick.

Anyway car is complete otherwise. Any Pontiac persons out there that may want to place a rough value?

It was kind of a barn find but I'm not going to even buy a battery until I'm convinced it is worth it.

Tony

I know the pictures would help but I did not have one til now. I will take more soon but this is one for now. The interior is surprisingly very good. Not a barn find but it was under cover on concrete floor. The beauty rings are in the trunk. I have not tried to start it and will not until I can prime the oil system. Been sitting about 6 or 7 years but may have been occasionally started. Not sure. 93K original.20210707_092651.jpg.54356933b1ec513d5b588c5db8112e6a.jpg

If it cleans-up nicely and drives well I could see $6K ~$8K.  That said, here's what's currently listed on Hemmings: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/pontiac/grand-prix?make=pontiac&year_min=1973&year_max=1977&makeFacet=Pontiac&modelFacet[]=Grand Prix&sort=price_asc

These seem like strong asking prices to me, but I honestly haven't been following these cars closely.  Mid-70's and 80's car prices seem to be inching up for more popular models.

• Like 1