Jump to content

'39 Ford Wood Rehab

Brendan M.

Recommended Posts

I am refinishing the wood on my '39 Ford and came across what I think is wood filler in between joints on the body.  Looks like it might have been used as a seem sealer or something.  The picture shows the joint at the driver side wheel arch and the D pillar.  Is this wood filler or something else?


Also, can anyone give me a source for the welting that goes between the wood and metal wheel well?



wood filler 1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does look like someone has put some sort of filler between the joint's on your car. Over the years the wood tends to shrink and the joints loosen up. Can you post a few more pictures of your car? The welting is available from Dennis Carpenter, 704-786-8139 or Bob deake, 541-474-0099.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for not responding sooner.  Having a hard time getting my pictures off of the Cloud.  As for the welting you mention, are you referring to the welting between the fender and body?  I need the material that goes between the wood and the metal wheel well.



driver side rear exterior.jpg

driver side rear.jpg

driver side rr interior.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...