For Sale: 1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport - "Over the top restoration" - Ontario, Canada - Not Mine - 7/25 Relisted - 7/29 No Longer Available

For sale on Ebay: 1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport 2-dr Hardtop in Ontario, Canada  -  Ebay Buy-It-Now Price: $80,000 OBO  -  No phone # provided.  Contact seller through Ebay:  Ebay Seller i-deal-it9

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Pontiac-Bonneville/274844990818

Seller's Description:

1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport 2-dr Hardtop

• Mileage: 79,022
  • Vehicle Title: Clean
  • Seller Notes: “Over the top Restoration, flawless, outstanding, the best of the best, as nice on underside as on the top side, all parts restored or replaced, this car is better than new, its the nicest i have ever owned.I can not express how nice it is. I have had a lot of cars, been in the business since 1980. Yes the best.”

Up for your review is an outstanding well restored. 1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport, This very rare car is like the Bonneville but unlike the Bonneville as it is built only for Canada. It was built in Oshawa, Ontario and is built on a Chevy chassis with Chevrolet powertrain has the rear 348cu.in 4bll. option with a powerglide transmission, power steering, power brakes. All the sheet-metal work is similar to Bonneville but is not the same size which makes this a very rare car. This car underwent meticulous seven year restoration and every nut, bolt was restored painstakingly this is 100% restoration the car is better than it was when it left the factory in 1958. I mean everything was restored to the highest level that it could be everything was left original, with the exception of the color of the car. When it was born it was pure white and has been changed to blue over white. The interior remains correct. Has the original type bias ply tires there is not one thing has been changed from when it came from the factory. There has been well in excess of $135,000 spent on the restoration on the car and it shows. I can’t stress enough how well it is done it’s hard for me to find a flaw in this car. I would take photos of the underside of the car but unfortunately, I cannot safely put it upon my hoist I tried for 30 minutes today just not worth it. If you really need photographs of the underside of the car which is also perfect, I will arrange to take it to the local garage and put it on a ramp hoist and take the photographs. The car drives amazingly well the bias ply tires do you make it rough for for the first three or four minutes but after that it drives very, very well. I am sure this will be a welcome addition to anybody’s Pontiac collection. I do have the Canadian documentation for this car showing all pertinent information. It is located two hours east of Detroit and 2 1/2 hours west of Buffalo New York. I am willing to deliver the car to your shipper of choice either in Detroit area or Buffalo New York area. Add a small cost for the paperwork and transportation. Any questions please contact me I will be glad to answer the best I can. This car in my opinion is the best of the best. You will not be disappointed in the least thank you.

image.png.e4fc129e02992e7cfc6d5d20d9a9b19a.png

image.png.01101215e3ee21af571e586e6fab1d9e.png

image.png.8ca95b3de49d48b5670aa3b0d5f1da52.png

image.png.7652194d1c7c05f234c5f9cccbfc8c7f.png

image.png.4b22e765688565c4a638c1dd471c83a4.png

image.png.93ab34a43a7b85b079b24098f147bf25.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm a little surprised at the transmission quadrant being located on top of the steering column of this car, but I guess the location is due to the Canadian origin, and the fact that it is a Chevrolet drivetrain with Pontiac skin and trimmings.  I did not realize that the Chevy power glide tranny for 1958 had reverse gear located between Park & Neutral for the first time.  Another odd thing for me is that an American Chevrolet with Power Glide, as well an American Pontiac with Hydramatic, both had the transmission quadrant nestled into the actual dashboard under the instrument panel.

It is an unusual, interesting car.  It is certainly priced to reflect this.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, kingrudy said:

Any way you slice it, this is one gorgeous car. I don't know if it is an 80k car, but it sure is beautiful.  

I agree.  Eighty thousand is a lot of money but that's a lot of car. And as the saying goes, "try to find another one this nice." 😉

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport - "Over the top restoration" - Ontario, Canada - Not Mine - 7/25 Relisted
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Pontiac Parisienne Sport - "Over the top restoration" - Ontario, Canada - Not Mine - 7/25 Relisted - 7/29 No Longer Available
9 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

It just resurfaced. Now for sale at Canada's most overpriced classic car dealership. No price yet, as he tries to figure out how much to gouge.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/london/1958-pontiac-parisienne/m1914522

Hope Seller didn't finance his purchase with a loan.  He's loosing a lot of time searching for the "perfect" venue to sell his car.

• Like 1