The Forum, the true value…

trimacar

Had a great visit today from George Cole and his wife today.

Never would have happened without this forum.

Super nice couple, enjoyed the visit immensely.

He and his wife went a minimum of six hours out of their way to come visit.

Thanks, George, and thanks for this great hobby which connects us with people we’d otherwise never know…love it…

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

You’re mostly welcome, Bob, as we say in our house.  Realized early on that one can retire, but not retire comfortably without friends and something to occupy time, and, this is very important,  make new friends along the way….

• Like 3

It's indeed a pleasure to meet forum folks in person.  I've enjoyed meeting many at some of the AACA meets we attend.  Which reminds me (and a little OT here), is there any chance of remaking some of the DF badges that were done many years ago?

Terry

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

It's indeed a pleasure to meet forum folks in person.  I've enjoyed meeting many at some of the AACA meets we attend.  Which reminds me (and a little OT here), is there any chance of remaking some of the DF badges that were done many years ago?

Terry

David Devine (Novaman) made the buttons. I have not seen him on the forum in a long time. If I recall correctly, the last time I spoke with him about the issue at the Annual Convention a year or two ago, he no longer had the button making equipment. If there is interest in a new style DFer button, through my business I have the ability to do Sublimation Printing and can get 2 1/2" sublimatable buttons from one of my suppliers. This link shows the style but ignore the artwork on the sample image. UN5665.png I would have to create a design, which could be identical or similar to the old one, or something different. If there is interest I could work on this.

The benefit of this new printing style button is that it is not as hard on the hands of the button maker. I actually had purchased a button making machine a few years ago but after a run of about 1000 buttons, I sold the equipment after I ended up with some significant repetitive motion hand injuries from the button making equipment. My hands just can't operate an old fashioned button press these days. That is a young man's game. 

• Like 2

Earlier this year I found a cole roadsterwith a custom body for sale not far from where I live,talked to George thru emails,he was a true gentleman went out of his way to get info for me,unfortunately the friend who was supposed to check it out for me drug hisfeet and it was sold before I could pull the trigger,the hobby needs more George coles,         Dave

• Like 6

On 6/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, trimacar said:

Had a great visit today from George Cole and his wife today.

Never would have happened without this forum.

Super nice couple, enjoyed the visit immensely.

He and his wife went a minimum of six hours out of their way to come visit.

Thanks, George, and thanks for this great hobby which connects us with people we’d otherwise never know…love it…

David, the pleasure was all mine/ours.  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent visiting with you.  Thank you for opening your garage and cars for us.  It was an honor signing your garage door. 

We had spent the previous week in NC-TN riding The Tail of the Dragon, and doing other touristy stuff.  The dog leg on the way home to FL for the opportunity to meet you and see your cars was well worth it.

Regards,

George

• Like 1