1979 Pontiac Trans Am 9,924 mile, 1 owner survivor. Every option, W72 Four Speed

Looks like an early vette in the garage, and maybe a c-3 outside.  The thing by the stairs looks like some oddball thing AJ might get distracted by and come home with along with the car.

Both silver and gold from factory used to fade pretty fast on GMs of this era if I recall correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Looks like an early vette in the garage, and maybe a c-3 outside.  The thing by the stairs looks like some oddball thing AJ might get distracted by and come home with along with the car.

Both silver and gold from factory used to fade pretty fast on GMs of this era if I recall correctly.

I have a habit of taking my eyes off the ball.  Looks like an amusement park sort of item.

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

To Kerry's point I can recall 3 or 4 pals with newish Zs or TAs, not sure any of them retained factory radio, first item to get tossed aside for that Pioneer & underdash equalizer.

My Panasonic was stolen out of my Z28 while it was sitting outside the repair shop waiting for a new clutch and transmission.

2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

My Panasonic was stolen out of my Z28 while it was sitting outside the repair shop waiting for a new clutch and transmission.

Waiting for a new clutch and transmission... 🤔😯😁

We had that one kid who managed to shatter the clutch on his 81 Z (brandy new bday present..) in less than 10,000 miles.  Not sure how many holeshots that took, but I zm guessing it wasn't a warranty fix.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

We had that one kid who managed to shatter the clutch on his 81 Z (brandy new bday present..) in less than 10,000 miles.  Not sure how many holeshots that took, but I zm guessing it wasn't a warranty fix.

An 81 with the stick was the 305.  Plus the 81 has the electronic dash so my interest is only 70-72 and 80.

May have been an 80 to smoke up the tires as good as he did.  It has been 40 years...  I know it had the gold turbine type rims, and some balls as they say.  Although my 71 could break traction w lowly 307, still likely better than the 305.

A year later the Z was gone replaced by a 77 vette.  Wayne beat the Stuffing out of that one as well after getting to go fast.

Absolutely, first thing after you got the car was a trip to the stereo store. When I was young, and had much more disposable income I always had a high end stereo. Usually Kenwood or Alpine something.  I would keep them for a few months and then always could find a buddy to sell the stuff to, then go buy the next best thing.

Worked out great for me when I restored my 77. Factory radio was long gone. I found an 8 track unit pretty easy but spent about 3 years searching for a decent factory am/fm stereo. Lots of junk out there and way over priced. I ended up finding one on CL out of NY. The guy bought a 76 trans am brand new, said before he even turned the radio on he took it out and put in an aftermarket stereo. Still had the original in a box, with all of the wiring. AND, he didnt want an arm and a leg. Practically a brand new radio.