1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Factory A Code 289 4V engine

This mustang has a lot going for it:

1.  A code engine.

2.  four speed.

3. Solid appearance,  but not sure of full "California" history.

Against it:

1. It needs work.

2. Not a GT.

3. This is what $46,500 buys these days??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224497870836

1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Factory A Code 289 4V engine GT options

Clearing out the garage and up for sale is my 1966 Mustang2+2 Fastback. Factory performance options to include 289 4 barrel, 4 speed transmission, and 3.0 Limited slip rear end. 16:1 manual steering box. Details below

VIN # 6F09A195358

Manufactured in Dearborn

Option Code:

63A-Fastback Standard Interior

T-Candy Apple Red

26-Black Interior

14M-December 1965 Build Date

34- Indianapolis

A-3.0 limited Slip

5- 4 speed manual

I purchased this car 5 years ago and when I acquired it had been sitting for some time which included a wasp nest in the door panel. Over time I have cleaned and tuned it to its current state. On a scale of 1-10 below is how I would rate the current state of the vehicle.

Interior- 9 . Interior is in immaculate condition. Interior was removed and redone using as much of the original parts as possible. New components include carpet kit and sound deadening matt under carpet layment. Previous owner had put incorrect Pony wood grain components. Dash has been restored to how it looked when it left the factory. Only flaws to mention is a ½ tear in headliner by drivers visor and small ding in drivers door panel. Includes upgraded radio with MP3 USB plug inside of center console. Trunk matt and carpet included. Mustang shift knob as well as "Crazy 8" knob included in sale

Paint/Body -5. While the pictures do show a great shine on the paint the paint itself is an older paint job. If not waxed fine swirl scratches will appear. In addition 2 dings are present on driver side.( Front top fender and rear lower panel by scoop area) Drivers window has 3 scratches on outer window. 2 paint cracks on roof where paint is checking.

Mechanical- 7 . While the car starts well and drives well there are a few areas that if I were to keep the car I would address. Front shocks and springs I would replace. While I have replaced the rear shocks with Konis as they were shot the front ones were not as bad and have not been replaced. Manual transmission shifter could get an adjustment. While the gears shift fine it does take a little of time to find the gear sometimes. At some point in time previous owner installed Hurst shifter. In addition to the rebuilt flaming river 16:1 manual steering box I have redid the brakes all around and replaced the master cylinder. New Gas tank installed . Disk brakes in the front Drums in the back. New Bosch battery holds charge after sitting for 3-4months. I was planning on lowering the car 1 inch if I were to keep it. If interested I will include the rear springs I already purchased with the sale of the car. 

Please feel free to ASK any Questions before bidding on the car to avoid everyone any heart ache. 

This is a fine example of an unmolested classic American Muscle/Pony car that will only appreciate over time. 

I have owned this car for the last 5 years and since I rarely drive it the wife is forcing me to clear out the garage. Included in the sale is the California custom license plate pictured.

I have added 2 additional photos of what i believe to be the factory installed dual exhaust hangers on left and right hand side under rear seat.

I also have Rally Pack that came with the car that i removed as it was not working and i did not particularly care for it and will be included in the sale of the car 

FAQ:

No clue of if the mileage is actual or not. I have probably driven it 1000 miles since i had it. Hence the reason my wife wants the garage back. I have some older service paperwork of the previous owner that in 1991 it had 44,187 miles . I would say its safe to assume the current odometer mileage is continuation from the 44,187 reading that was there in 1991. Cant verify that the 44,187 reading in 1991 was "actual" or not.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

66 mustang fast back with 289 4 speed. Assuming everything is correct and looks to be in ok condition- seems priced about right to me. Not saying that Im in the game, but mustangs bring a premium and this one hits most of the boxes.

• Like 1

Doesn’t state if factory GT, there were some options that came with that package under the car too, which are often not upgraded when emulating a GT.

Sounds high to me, I’ve owned over 40 65-66 Mustangs but been out of the market for a while, so don’t know.

With a nice paint job in the $10k to $20k range these days, that alone would give me pause.