Motor Muster at Greenfield Village

ericmac

I thought those of you who do not live in the Midwest (old car paradise) might enjoy a few images from the Motor Muster.  This show includes cars from 1933 to 1991 (an evolving 30 year old cut off) that are in factory correct or with era-appropriate modifications.  While the majority of cars are not concourse quality,  the overall quality of the show is very, very good and there are few venues for a car show as good as Greenfield Village. Resized_20210619_102650.jpeg.4ef4cae9f8cc47424a5ca7f49ad9209e.jpeg20210619_163607.jpg.a1373e6782b10d7bb064ec510a8a07e1.jpg20210619_093549.jpg.55a7d6de28e191c0a08cb92f6d11cadb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Is the early car event in the Fall still on? 

On their calendar they have a prewar event in a week and a brass event in the middle of July. All but the first weekend in September have something else going on. 

4 minutes ago, gossp said:

On their calendar they have a prewar event in a week and a brass event in the middle of July. All but the first weekend in September have something else going on. 

That's the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. The Old Car Festival I was referring to is the Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village, part of the Henry Ford in Southfield outside Detroit.  Different museums. Gilmore participates at Old Car Festival and usually takes something VERY special to the event. 

Edited by ericmac
Clarification (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ericmac said:

That's the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. The Old Car Festival I was referring to is the Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village, part of the Henry Ford in Southfield outside Detroit.  Different museums. Gilmore participates at Old Car Festival and usually takes something VERY special to the event. 

crap, I am operating at the level I feel. 

yes, I read that the old car fest is on as well, but take that from a guy that just read greenfield and got Gilmore from it. 

2 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

Eric,

Obviously you knew where it was since you took those great photos, but I just wanted the uninformed to know where it is located.  I live a couple of miles from there.

I've wanted to go to the Greenfield Village Old Car Festival since the 1960's but it conflicted with our local show. 250-300 Pre 1943 vehicles. I'll get there some day. Bob  

Nice. Thanks for sharing the photo's. I've been there and highly recommend getting to the Henry Ford if you have never been before. Either show or any time you are in the area will do. Thinking I should make plans to be there in September and kick some tires with Larry Schramm. We always have a great time, and stir up plenty of fun, and maybe even a little mischief when we are together. Dandy Dave!

4 hours ago, playswithbrass said:

Were there noticeably less spectators and the cars more spaced? Just wondering how the guide lines on the website actually played out?

Honestly,  I did not notice a big reduction in either cars or spectators. Weather was probably a bigger factor than restrictions.  We were to get a huge storm and got some rain on and off but not as much as predicted.  The crowds and number of cars are larger today.20210620_104318.jpg.a40f29379cec1a94d9bc15a95cd14a1b.jpg20210620_102847.jpg.b6b0a12f9bbfff004b252167237a2632.jpg20210620_102458.jpg.781643ba031d02beff1529acd29729b8.jpg20210620_102506.jpg.b503339ee451a56749d5c40d39b40264.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your car looks fantastic Eric!  Glad the top mechanism is working for you, and you made it to the show. Black convertibles with a red interior.......  timeless. 
really glad it worked for you to get that specific car into your stable.   

• Like 1

Thank you all that posted here! Being half a continent away from so many wonderful collector car activities is tough. But it is always nice to see pictures and hear tales from people that go there often. One of the nice things about this forum, is getting to know names and people from other parts of the country. Hearing about people I am somewhat familiar with and the good time they had there makes it more like knowing friends that had gone there. I still hope to someday go to the OCF.

Ericmac, I am so pleased to see your new Cadillac out and looking great! That should be a car you can keep and truly enjoy for many years to come. (Even if it isn't a model T!)

1 hour ago, pmhowe said:

Eric,

What is the blue car one car removed from yours? In another picture, it shows a very large trunk.

Thanks,

Phil

1936 Hupmobile Aerodynamic

Thank you Eric for sharing the photos, appears you had a wide variety of interesting cars to enjoy.   Your Cadillac looks magnificent.

2 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Thank you all that posted here! Being half a continent away from so many wonderful collector car activities is tough. But it is always nice to see pictures and hear tales from people that go there often. One of the nice things about this forum, is getting to know names and people from other parts of the country. Hearing about people I am somewhat familiar with and the good time they had there makes it more like knowing friends that had gone there. I still hope to someday go to the OCF.

Ericmac, I am so pleased to see your new Cadillac out and looking great! That should be a car you can keep and truly enjoy for many years to come. (Even if it isn't a model T!)

Well, keep in mind Wayne, I still have three Ts. As I understand it, there may be a status update on my '13 coming out soon and I am going to start the full restoration process of the '26 Fordor soon. OCF remains my favorite show and is an event that I contend should be on the bucket list of every early motoring enthusiast. I've attended Hershey sporadically for 30 years but have not missed an OCF in 25 years running. What does that tell you? Correct! OCF is closer to my house! But seriously,  it's a great event at perhaps the greatest venue of them all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

1936 Hupmobile Aerodynamic

Thank you Eric for sharing the photos, appears you had a wide variety of interesting cars to enjoy.   Your Cadillac looks magnificent.

I had a great weekend. An amazing variety of people introduced themselves and one gentleman from the CCCA nearly begged me to rejoin that club. I have to give credit where credit is due; it was the warmest invitation I have ever received from and club.  I admit...if that is what they are now all about, I'm tempted.

Thanks for the kind comments about the Cadillac.  I really like it.

Edited by ericmac (see edit history)

Ericmac, I had caught mention of your '13 awhile back (at least I think it would be the same one?), and am patiently awaiting further details. I also knew of and remembered your Fordor sedan and plans to restore it (mentioned sometime back in the MTFCA forum). I think you, like a lot of hobbyists (including myself) , enjoy the model T and the special place it holds in history such that at least one model T must be part of the current collection (no matter how large or small the collection). I do know a few Western collectors that do not have any model Ts, (and maybe never did?). But it often amazes me how many private collectors with fabulous cars also have at least one model T. "Great White" Ed has a beautiful preservation 1915 model T touring car. Even Jay Leno is known to have a couple. A longtime good friend of mine (not at liberty to say who) has an incredible collection of brass era and nickel age cars, nearly all well restored and beautifully maintained. Amongst the Pierce Arrows, Stutzes, Mercers and more than fifty other well known and/or incredibly rare cars are nearly ten model T Fords, including a few speedsters! (Among the finest and most correctly done speedsters I have ever seen!)

I really respect most collectors that can have and/or work on millions of dollars worth of incredible cars, yet also himself respects and wants a model T or more in the collection as well.

• Like 1