Auburn - Buick Meet - Need Hotel or Restaurant Reservation ?

Bill - 29 Buick

Hello Pre-War'ers:

I have a Wingate by Wyndham Auburn hotel (Thurs. to Sun.) reservation and Friday night 7:30 PM dinner reservation for 4 at the Auburn Steakhouse for the upcoming July 1-3 Auburn - Buick meet.

As we Canadians are still persona non grata in the USA, I am happy to play these forward to anyone who needs them.

Bill McLaughlin

Bill@29buick.ca

PS.  Will be cancelling them early next week if I don't hear from anyone.

10 hours ago, Bill - 29 Buick said:

As we Canadians are still persona non grata in the USA,

Bill McLaughlin

Bill@29buick.ca

Now Bill you know that is not true, especially with us.  I was hoping to go to Canada for the summer tour with Gary and you if you were coming but the border is closed for both sides.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Thanks, Larry.  I'd come if I could.  Not sure that US Immigration would consider a 29 McL-Buick crossing the Border to go to a Buick meet "essential" travel.

As no takers for reservations, I have cancelled them.

Pre-War Members, have fun at the meet!

Bill McLaughlin

• Like 2

The problem isn't that the US is not letting Canadians in, it's that Canada isn't letting them go home without a quarantine period. From what I understand from my Canadian wife trying to go visit her family in Toronto, that might even include staying in a hotel instead of going home.

So Canadians can come in, it's just that Canada makes it hard for them to go home. The good news is that it looks like late July and the border will be open. Not much help for this particular event, but for, say, Hershey, it could be a good thing.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2021 at 11:46 AM, Matt Harwood said:

The problem isn't that the US is not letting Canadians in, it's that Canada isn't letting them go home without a quarantine period.

Matt:

You're right about the quarantine period but not correct about the USA letting in Canadians in, for non-essential purposes.

See US Embassy and Consulates in Canada info, below.

If it was only that I'd have to quarantine after I returned home, I'd be at the Auburn - Buick meet.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 McL-Buick Roadster

Borders with Canada
  • The United States and Canada have limited non-essential travel at our shared land ports of entry.
    • “Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature. “Essential travel” still permitted includes: work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.
    • Trade and business travel will continue to operate across our borders, ensuring workers and goods are not impeded.
  • U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and individuals with valid travel documents will be exempted.
  • Land borders are operating at reduced capacity and with limited hours. Visit CBP and CBSA for details on land border crossings.
  • In addition to restrictions on non-essential travel between the United States and Canada, a number of provinces and territories have put in place specific restrictions for travel across their borders, including for domestic travelers. Please see our COVID-19 Information Page for more details.

The following categories do not fall within the definition of “essential travel:”

• Individuals traveling for tourism purposes, such as sightseeing, recreation, gambling, or attending Buick car meets* or cultural events in the United States.

*  My addition (WEM).

• Like 1

I hope the Auburn/Buick meet is a smashing success and I am very sorry to miss it.  On the other hand I understand the measures are needed to control the Corona Virus, however, the US/Canada border must be open for us to attend the Old Car Festival by September.

The car I planned to bring to Auburn was my newly restored 1915 McLaughlin, it is not finished yet, maybe in next month.

Be careful, Gary

• Thanks 1