Jump to content

American car show in France


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Walt G said:

Thanks for taking the time to post all of the photographs, most appreciated. I am astounded at the great location that seems to go on for miles under the shade of the wonderful trees, what a grand place to have a car display. I assume it was specifically for American made vehicles.  Looking beyond the cars it is so nice to see some great buildings, most lacking in aluminum and plastic signs that overpower the architecture . That setting definitely adds to the whole atmosphere of the show! I know that before I have commented to you on the wonderful masonry buildings and structures that are in the back ground beyond the vehicles. Thank you again so much.

Walt

 

Thank you very much Walt G :) , it is with pleasure that I share the photos :)
Yes it is big place are the alleys (long tree street) of the town of Lavaur.
I will try to find a video from the previous year. Normally it lasts all weekend and there are several music concerts, ... but due to covid19 they couldn't do like last year.
Yes indeed the buildings are in stone, briquette, ... it is an old town with beautiful buildings :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Stunningly beautiful setting, Sebastien!👍 The people of Lavaur obviously take pride in their town.  There must be a club for American vehicles there?

 

Thank you very much dictator27  :) , yes Lavaur is a beautiful city, do not hesitate to come and visit it if one day you are in the south of France  :) 
Yes there are several clubs, and there it is the American car club of the city of Toulouse which organized this in Lavaur as several times a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mark Huston said:


 

I noticed several of the vehicles have American license plates with states like Arizona and several with California.   Does France allow the car owners to run their cars with American plates instead of French license plates?

 

The French who have American cars like to have American license plates.
But indeed in France are not really allowed to have it's license plate, but generally the police don't say anything, they let us drive like that.
And if we really get arrested by the police, the fine is so small that we would rather pay a fine than put French license plates ;) 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As always thanks Sebastien for these pictures! Closest thing to the Lavaur shows I've personally experienced here in the States is Heavy Rebel in Winston-Salem North Carolina, and I haven't been in several years. Need to find out if they're having it this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mike6024 said:

SAM_8853.JPG.435b7a80cd539868a9c339ef85ac1749.JPG

 

These trucks are very popular in the U S of A, if you can find one. Most were allowed to rust away and got scrapped.
The Dodge Prospector too, but the Chevy pickup is more popular for this era.

New In 1973 It's Ford F-100 vs. Chevy C10Dodge Truck Registry 1972-1980 - Moparts Forums

 

Ok, thank you for the information ;) 
Here in France we don't see a lot of them, we mostly see them in American car shows.
The dodge is very pretty too, I think I've never seen it in real life 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rocketraider said:

As always thanks Sebastien for these pictures! Closest thing to the Lavaur shows I've personally experienced here in the States is Heavy Rebel in Winston-Salem North Carolina, and I haven't been in several years. Need to find out if they're having it this year.

 

Thank you rocketraider :) , I love doing this American car show, the next one and at the 'Tommy's diner' restaurant in Montauban on June 4th  :) 
I would love to do an American car show in America, it must be great !! :), I will dream of going there one day to one of these gatherings :wub::wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

My wife and I went to France twice a year for 15 years and obviously loved the people, wine and food.  You brought back fond memories.  Great car show.  Thank You

 

Thank you very much Robert G :) , if you come back to France do not hesitate to come to the south of France, I will show you around ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have to say very nice to see that eth car culture is a worldwide thing. it is nice to see people all over enjoying cars of all makes models and variations. looks like a very beautiful town that loves to have a car show, and looks good doing it. it is great to see people bring out their cars and share them with others as well. to me that is what this hobby is all about, sharing and telling. and i am sure many of those cars have great stories, even the newer ones!!

thanks for sharing, and really enjoyed looking at ALL the vehicles, regardless of year make model or customization !!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 1:17 PM, 8E45E said:

I would like to get there at least once in my lifetime as well.  One place I really want to visit is the Schlumpf Museum while in France.

 

Craig

 

Thank you 8E45E ;) , I have never been to the Schlumpf museum, but I would like to go there too, it looks superb :wub: ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

i have to say very nice to see that eth car culture is a worldwide thing. it is nice to see people all over enjoying cars of all makes models and variations. looks like a very beautiful town that loves to have a car show, and looks good doing it. it is great to see people bring out their cars and share them with others as well. to me that is what this hobby is all about, sharing and telling. and i am sure many of those cars have great stories, even the newer ones!!

thanks for sharing, and really enjoyed looking at ALL the vehicles, regardless of year make model or customization !!

 

Thank you very much, yes it's great to meet people who have the same passion, we discuss and share, and we learn a lot of things and tips :)
I'm glad you like it :) , Yes the town of Lavaur is pretty, and there are plenty of small villages or old towns like that nearby  ;) , and there is also the beautiful town "Montricoux" 

https://www.google.fr/search?q=montricoux&sxsrf=ALeKk02UDIzzs6FsgQjpYFAsevc-ZS7Qtw:1624133070883&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwit1oeWv6TxAhUE2uAKHXFBChQQ_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1366&bih=657

 

https://www.tourisme-tarnetgaronne.fr/offre/montricoux-montricoux-fr-2358178/

 

, "Saint Antonin Noble Val ", ... :) 

 

http://www.gorges-aveyron-tourisme.com/decouvrir/les-gorges-de-laveyron/le-village-medieval-de-saint-antonin


Thank you :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing your great photos and videos.

Your town looks great and will put it on my list of places to see when I return to France....soon.

 

Bill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wmsue said:

Thanks for sharing your great photos and videos.

Your town looks great and will put it on my list of places to see when I return to France....soon.

 

Bill

 

Thank you very much wmsue ;) , if you come to France in Lavaur, tell me I'll show you around ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:36 PM, 8E45E said:

This truck is most interesting.

 

It's the first time I've seen a pickup box version based on the Panel Truck design rear.  I'd like to know more about its history!

 

Craig

 

Hello, I tried to find out more but I have not found the owner. I'll ask him when I see him again ;) 

 

 

 

The last time we talked about the renault fuego, and for almost 2 weeks there has been this ad that only goes on TV ;) 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wow. I am pleasantly surprised to see so many, and such a large variety of American built cars in France! There is a very healthy mix of cars there. If not for the French language signs the odd Citroen in the background, you could easily think this show was in North America. Great job France car lovers. Great!

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Wow. I am pleasantly surprised to see so many, and such a large variety of American built cars in France! There is a very healthy mix of cars there. If not for the French language signs the odd Citroen in the background, you could easily think this show was in North America. Great job France car lovers. Great!

 

Thank you very much keithb7 ;) , yes in France there are a lot of people who like American cars, wagons, 4 doors, 2 doors, convertible, hearse, pick-up, truck, ... ,  are very much loved here :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...