American car show in France

Hello everyone, this Sunday I am going to an American car show, the "Rock and Cars" in Lavaur in the south of France.
It was a great day ! :) , there were some great cars and the weather was great. 
I took a lot of pictures, so I'll post them as I go :) .

I went there with my 1978 dodge monaco from sherif Rosco from dukes of hazzard :D

SAM_8785.JPG.83edc420e185af6f4f6e01e42fa35c8a.JPG

Chevrolet Corvette C3 injection from a friend

SAM_8788.JPG.3339fc1368ffde9cb5e809d2fc648472.JPG

Beautiful Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat widebody  of my neighbor :wub: :wub:

SAM_8836.JPG.7a9c890d3dada86a9f9407cb412026e8.JPG

SAM_8787.JPG.bdf244d5e36c7034f58f5de2f37f86bc.JPG

SAM_8789.JPG.6316efed4c3fc2f16464e15865270906.JPG

SAM_8792.JPG.c66c16c4919c7ea3b05b5eee45e88268.JPG

SAM_8793.JPG.dd9b1c316c74653740a856faf9aabd1e.JPG

SAM_8794.JPG.299b6496bf6b8739efbfbefd44c55391.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Interesting pictures! Looks like Corvettes are popular in France. Driving those big Lincolns and Cadillacs on the small European roads must be an adventure.

Thank you ;) , yes the Corvettes are well appreciated ;) 
Yes we have to go slowly on our small narrow roads ^^ , but it's okay :)

Excellent photos, as usual.

What I don't see on the majority of those US vehicles are those 2" round red reflectors on each end of the vehicle, usually around bumper height that are required by law in France.

Craig

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Excellent photos, as usual.

What I don't see on the majority of those US vehicles are those 2" round red reflectors on each end of the vehicle, usually around bumper height that are required by law in France.

Craig

thank you 8E45E :) , yes indeed the French law put these small red deflector, but it seems to me that we can remove them if the car is collection.
And many people took them off to make it look prettier and look like it did originally ;) 

6 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

SAM_8990.JPG.a9e64cdd5594d534a54e6106fd3d39c0.JPG

This truck is most interesting.

It's the first time I've seen a pickup box version based on the Panel Truck design rear.  I'd like to know more about its history!

Craig

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

This truck is most interesting.

It's the first time I've seen a pickup box version based on the Panel Truck design rear.  I'd like to know more about its history!

Craig

Yes, he is superb ! :wub: :wub:

I do not know the owner but I can inquire ;) 

Very cool! Great pictures, and looks like it was a fun show with great weather! Never having been to France, I have to say I'm very surprised.  I expected to see the '60s/'70s muscle cars, etc., but i never would have guessed there was such a variety of American cars over there, and most surprising to me, are how many new corvettes, camaros and mustangs there are.

Thanks for taking the time to document and share!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to post all of the photographs, most appreciated. I am astounded at the great location that seems to go on for miles under the shade of the wonderful trees, what a grand place to have a car display. I assume it was specifically for American made vehicles.  Looking beyond the cars it is so nice to see some great buildings, most lacking in aluminum and plastic signs that overpower the architecture . That setting definitely adds to the whole atmosphere of the show! I know that before I have commented to you on the wonderful masonry buildings and structures that are in the back ground beyond the vehicles. Thank you again so much.

Walt

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

I noticed several of the vehicles have American license plates with states like Arizona and several with California.   Does France allow the car owners to run their cars with American plates instead of French license plates?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stooge said:

Very cool! Great pictures, and looks like it was a fun show with great weather! Never having been to France, I have to say I'm very surprised.  I expected to see the '60s/'70s muscle cars, etc., but i never would have guessed there was such a variety of American cars over there, and most surprising to me, are how many new corvettes, camaros and mustangs there are.

Thanks for taking the time to document and share!

Thank you, yes here in France despite the ecological tax, ..., there are many French people who love American cars of any generation ! :) 
A friend would like to buy a 2018 Camaro ZR1, and my neighbor who has the Challenger SRT Hellact will soon like to buy a Challenger Demon ! :)
Many people are also interested in the Chrysler 300C (unfortunately have found more 300 C in V6 than in V8)
I almost bought a 2010 Cadillac CTS a few years ago ;) 

• Like 1