WTB 26" Wheel with ribs.

Larry Schramm

Hi Larry. Some Kelsey's are very similar as well. I believe they are interchangeable . But it does look like a Firestone type B to me.  Best way to I.D. is to remove the tire and carefully inspect the inside of the rim for a makers stamp. Often a size as well and sometimes even a part number. 99% of the time I have been able to find a stamping, a light touch with a file will usually make it readable.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Larry,

That is definitely a Firestone rim that goes on a wheel,but it's not a wheel. You might want to clarify. Generally a Firestone rim will go on a Kelsey wheel but a Kelsey rim will not go on a Firestone wheel. Kelsey rims have a one piece lockring with tabs on the ends that stick through the rim and a latch swings around and holds those tabs. As far as lockrings go,it's pretty safe. I've messed around with teens Cadillacs for about the last 40 years so I've had some experience with these rims and it seems like none are common to find but 26" the least common of all. 25" and 27" are a bit more prevalent. Can you use a split rim at all? They will usually interchange with the demountable,detachable rim you have pictured. One time when I needed 27" Kelseys and couldn't find any anywhere I had 23" split,rolled up and a piece welded in to get them. Hope you have an easier time. Good luck.

Is your inner side ring a separate piece ? { Type D as above } As far as I have seen these are the earliest and least common type. However they will interchange with the later styles of Firestones.

Hi Sagefinds, I agree about the Kelsey's having side rings with protruding tabs. { like those used on Cadillac's } . However they also made a  " Universal " style rim that is almost identical to a Firestone. I believe they were designed to be completely interchangeable with Firestone. I have 3 of them in 27" for my Staver and thought them to be Firestone's until I cleaned them up and found the Kelsey stamping.

• 1 month later...

I have found a rim and thanks to everyone for helping.

I now need the two bead rings and a lock ring.  Below is a cross section of the rim.  The bead rings have clincher on one side and straight wall on the other side.  26" in diameter.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Rim cross sectional view1.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)