For Sale: 1970 Ford Thunderbird Landau - $15,000 - Windham, NH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1970 Ford Thunderbird Landau - $15,000 - Windham, NH

1970 Ford Thunderbird landau - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

This is a beautiful 1970 Ford Thunderbird Landau that has been in the original family for 51 years! My grandfather bought this car new in 1970 and it only has 65,000 original miles. This has the 429 ThunderJet engine rated at 360hp.  It is unrestored condition except it has a new starter, new radiator, rebuilt carburetor and transmission.  It just passed its annual inspection and starts and runs fine and rides nice.
It does have one mouse hole in the overhead fabric, some rust, small tear in the drivers seat in the corner where you enter. But the dash is in great condition, the landau roof is in excellent condition, the back seats are in excellent condition, the trunk is in very good shape.  It has been garage kept it’s entire life.
Options:  Air Conditioning, Power Seat, Tilt steering, Read defogger, FM stereo, Landau option, Power Windows, Front bucket seats, Tinted Windows.

Copy and paste in your email:   9424f2ca354d3d509048104c0401885e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1970 Ford Thunderbird Landau.

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH a.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH b.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH c.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH d.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH e.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH f.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH fg.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH h.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH i.jpg

'70 Ford Thunderbird Landau NH j.jpg

• Like 1

I only have interests in a few 70's cars and this model was not one of them.  However this is a pretty cool looking ride.  Don't buy this if you're concerned about fuel with it's big 429 engine.  It is the ultimate 70's personal luxury coupe.  I don't know about the $15,000 price but you don't see these these cars running around anymore.  Who knows you might get a future classic

I do like it but not at the family's desire to make money on the car at $15k.  

These are rarely seen especially in fastback form and with bucket seats.  Ford had turned the TBirds into average gussied up cars by 1970.  Most that I saw/seen on craigslist searches were formal roof line cars, which in my opinion were an abomination styling wise.  

The seller honestly says, "It does have one mouse hole

in the overhead fabric, some rust, small tear in the

driver's seat in the corner where you enter."

"Some rust" takes it far out of the $15,000 category,

I believe.  Otherwise, I like the styling and the car itself.

It's nice to see cars that aren't the usual, and 

Thunderbirds after 1966 aren't seen all that often.

• Like 2