Gen 1 front seat pivot shafts

BulldogDriver

Ok so I am getting ready to recover the 63 seats with Clarks covers and discovered that mine were not original to the car. The pivot shafts  for the bottom and back frames had a mismatched of parts and rather then describe what I found, could someone tell me the correct parts that are used on the pivot shafts? I do have new caps for the ends.

Ray

4 hours ago, BulldogDriver said:

Ok so I am getting ready to recover the 63 seats with Clarks covers and discovered that mine were not original to the car. The pivot shafts  for the bottom and back frames had a mismatched of parts and rather then describe what I found, could someone tell me the correct parts that are used on the pivot shafts? I do have new caps for the ends.

Ray

Ray,

Here are pictures of the 2 pivot shafts. The first picture is of the inboard pivot and the second is the outboard pivot. Both pivots have a plastic or fiberboard washer. The outboard pivots have the chrome cap retainer and the inboard can have one of 3 different styles of retainers. I opted for the "E" retainer as I think it is easier to get on and off. 

Bill

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

My car was missing all of the washers and the inboard retainers. I used plastic washers found at a local big box building center upon the suggestion of a forum member. They work well and are durable. Any originals that I have found or seen were black fiberboard. These can be found on e-bay or through any number of the GM classic car parts vendors. The "E" retainers I also found at the building center.

Fortunately, that is a reflection on the stainless and not copper.

Bill

7 hours ago, BulldogDriver said:

Thanks Bill

Ray,

Here are pictures of the things I used. The first is a picture of the different retainers that were used. You will have to drill out the hole on the washer bigger to fit.

Bill

Riviera Bucket Seat Retainers.jpg

IMG_7403.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

• Like 1