1941 Packard 120 convertible coupe for sale, in London Ontario Canada Concours Winner

40 minutes ago, marty mopar said:

Expensive car. Cheap-ass ad with 10 pictures. Owner can't afford to do better?

I'm sending him 5 USD so he can post more pics.

Anybody thinking of selling a car online should study the BAT auctions.  100-300 hi-res pictures and multiple videos.

The owner and Packard live an hour from RM Sotheby's head office, likely the largest retailer of antique cars in the world.  I have an interesting car which I have offered to some friends without any takers, when my time comes to sell the car it will be offered by RM.  I am not having the public coming to my house from a Kijiji ad, run down my pride and joy to try to get a lower price, and deal with the banks.

Good luck with your sale, Gary

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, alsancle said:

Nice car but that is super eight money.

I was thinking the same thing. I am not real knowledgeable when it comes to the Packard brand, though I hope to own one some day, but isn't the 120 the entry level car? I understand the the price goes up when the top comes down, but that is a a ton of money. Beautiful car and I do love the skirts on this car. 

Edited by kingrudy
typo (see edit history)

On 6/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, cxgvd said:

The owner and Packard live an hour from RM Sotheby's head office, likely the largest retailer of antique cars in the world.  I have an interesting car which I have offered to some friends without any takers, when my time comes to sell the car it will be offered by RM.  I am not having the public coming to my house from a Kijiji ad, run down my pride and joy to try to get a lower price, and deal with the banks.

Good luck with your sale, Gary

It really is disheartening trying to sell a vintage car on kijiji or other venues in Ontario these days. Multitudes of online morons with no manners, intelligence or money feel the need to bother you with absolutely no intention of ever buying your car.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:50 PM, kingrudy said:

I was thinking the same thing. I am not real knowledgeable when it comes to the Packard brand, though I hope to own one some day, but isn't the 120 the entry level car? I understand the the price goes up when the top comes down, but that is a a ton of money. Beautiful car and I do love the skirts on this car. 

In 1941, the entry level would be the six cylinder 110 on a shorter wheelbase.  The 120 and 160 convertibles are close cousins in many ways, but the 160 has the 356 straight eight while the 120 has the 282 straight eight (trim differences also).  The 160 (and 180) is considered a Senior, the 120 and 110 are Juniors.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information Bryan. I have been following a 120 coupe (very nice car) on BaT that currently has a bid of 17k and I think it is worth more than that, but if it ends at 25k or 30k, I can't see $70,000 more for the convertible.