1969 Cutlass 350 - need to buy rebuilt engine - supplier suggestions?

trimacar

I can tell you were NOT to get one - do not get anything from Mondello Performance Products in Paso Robles.

Frankly, most of the rebuilt ones I've seen are the 1977-1980 blocks with the windowed main webs. Unless yours has suffered serious damage, I'd have the original rebuilt. Better castings, better nodular crank, etc.

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The aftermarket rebuild failure rate is huge............on such a simple engine, any local machine shop should be able to do it. I rather deal with a local guy. Just one question.........why do you own a post war car? 🥸

43 minutes ago, edinmass said:

The aftermarket rebuild failure rate is huge............on such a simple engine, any local machine shop should be able to do it. I rather deal with a local guy. Just one question.........why do you own a post war car? 🥸

My first new car, high school graduation present from my parents, 1969 Cutlass Supreme.  Not this one, but it sure brings back memories when I look at it or drive it!

• Like 1

It's a little bit of a drive from Winchester, but I highly recommend Gunther's Machine in Walkersville, MD. I build my own engines, but I have them do all the machine work. They can also build complete motors and even do the install if you want.

12 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

It's a little bit of a drive from Winchester, but I highly recommend Gunther's Machine in Walkersville, MD. I build my own engines, but I have them do all the machine work. They can also build complete motors and even do the install if you want.

Thanks, I actually talked to Gunther's about a week ago.  They are not taking any more work in that involves removal and replacement of engine in their shop.  They did tell me they'd rebuild mine, but they are very busy and couldn't tell me a time frame.  I have heard good things about them though.  

Thanks for response.  dc

• 3 weeks later...

Dave I have a shop that I use, her in Mt Airy . He has built Many engines for my Shop Every thing from a 1916 overland to a 1966 318 . He has been doing this many years and his father before Him . Call me we can talk .Howard King