Watch "ABANDONED 1971 Buick Riviera Boat Tail! - Will it RUN AND DRIVE 100 Miles Home?"

DrownedRiv

This is the first I've heard of this guy, but that was a fun video to watch.  Definitely subscribed to his channel to start watching more of his content.

One thing that I don't like is that this video, and many of his other videos, are well over an hour long.  I like the in depth content, but would be nice if it was broken up into 1/2 hr chunks instead.

Thanks for posting.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:12 AM, Hazdaz said:

This is the first I've heard of this guy, but that was a fun video to watch.  Definitely subscribed to his channel to start watching more of his content.

One thing that I don't like is that this video, and many of his other videos, are well over an hour long.  I like the in depth content, but would be nice if it was broken up into 1/2 hr chunks instead.

Thanks for posting.

Glad you enjoyed the video, i was hestitating poating it. Definately have to set aside a good chunk of time to watch his videos, but i generally enjoy them. I particularly like videos which he drives the cars back to his shop. 

Heard of his channel, but that was the first video i've seen from it. Pretty entertaining. I hope he flips the car instead of parting it out. Needs some work, but it looks pretty complete. Wouldn't mind owning a boattail.

• 10 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 4:33 PM, rivgs said:

Just so everyone knows, very few people from WI speak this way. 

I am from western New York and have heard a lot of misinformed mimicry of what I should have for an accent as far away as Hong Kong and Australia. (TV script writers from Long Island did it) But I went out to Milwaukee for a week of Johnson Controls training and found out everyone I met there talked like us. This guy sounds like he lives down the street.

• 3 months later...

I was born in WI. In fact one of VGG videos shows him driving from MN to Osceola WI (where I was born). He talks just like all my relatives in the area. I now live in AZ since 1978. They say I have an accent when I go back and visit. I notice theirs now. I had a job where I talked on the phone all day for 17 years. Many people noticed a trace of my WI accent, even though it is muted by my being in AZ so long.  The more exaggerated WI/MN accent tends to be people further north (think the Fargo movie).  Then there are accents from Chicago (think Dan Akroyd character and the later Da Bears skits) and Milwaukee, similar to each other, but Milwaukee is a bit of a hybrid between northern WI and MN and Chicago. 

It is not only his accent, but his word use choices and some of his local idioms I recognize. It is a ball watching him. 

Edited by Kink56 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kink56 said:

He talks just like all my relatives in the area.

He talks quite a bit like people in my end of New York State. Maybe more like the next county over. I showed my wife and she agreed. Especially those off the cuff technical terms that flow so naturally.

I went to Milwaukee for training at the Johnson Controls school once and they all sounded like home. It was interesting after a lifetime of saying I am from New York and immediately getting the TV actor language in reply. That's a whole different world 400 miles away.

The guy is entertaining and can sit down with the car guys at Sam's any Saturday morning. They'd just think he sprouted there.

18 hours ago, rocky5517 said:

not to sweat the small stuff. Like driving home with no brakes. Brilliant!!

The kind of stories I overhear my wife telling about here early experiences with me.

My mother and her are two people I have actually heard muttering prayers while riding.

Rule followers, they scare so easily.

• Haha 1

I had a friend who was a professional gambler. Never worked a day in his life. We drove from the Jersey Shore to Jersey City in his 65 Caddy with a bad fan belt. overheating radiator, and low on gas. I said " Why don't we stop and get this stuff fixed?"  He said "Ya gotta have SOMETHIN' to root for"

• 3 weeks later...

He seems like a pretty solid guy. Certainly got the "marketing gears" going. Has two other variants of these Channels called "Vice Grip Lodge" and then His younger son has "Little Grip Garage" channel. A lot of work goes in to these, but it's paying off for Him and His family....and pretty entertaining to watch as well. All good stuff.