For Sale: 1960 Plymouth Fury Convertible - $50,000 - NE Metro Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Plymouth Fury Convertible - $50,000 - NE Metro Minneapolis, MN

1960 Plymouth Fury Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Clean Wyoming car. Rebuilt original big block 361ci 305hp engine and push button Torqueflite trans. New front disc brakes. New power top motor, cylinders and lines. New tires. New 1 wire alternator. (have generator) Finished in original colors. Nice solid car, that you can drive to any show. Located near Somerset WI.  odometer: 65000

Contact: CALL (715)-2-9-four-3-eight-3-7 if want to buy it. $50k firm (no trades unless have a 1958 Oldsmobile or Pontiac convertible.)

Copy and paste into your email:  c4a054f7d25c3469a5b227f0cc7b2250@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Plymouth Fury Convertible.

Note: 7,080 Fury convertibles produced for 1960, compared to 79,903 1960 Chevy Impala convertibles and 44,762 1960 Ford Galaxie Sunliner convertibles. 

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN a.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN b.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN c.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN d.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN e.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN f.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN g.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN h.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN i.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Conv MN j.jpg

The front to rear styling seems confused, big 1950s fins in the back and a more scaled back front. The cut outs on the front fenders maybe kinda work.  Seat upholstery material could have been a better color.  I like the lines of the 1959 Fury better.  Sure would be an unusual car at any show.

Lose the fender skirts. It's going in enough styling directions as it sits.

Great steering wheel.

Clean car. I guess Furys go for big bucks so asking price isn't that far out of line, but I don't see it.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

New 1 wire alternator. (have generator)

Uhhhhh. . . wasn't 1960 the first year for Chrysler to use alternators? 

Is this a swap just for the sale of a swap?

3 hours ago, m-mman said:

Uhhhhh. . . wasn't 1960 the first year for Chrysler to use alternators? 

Is this a swap just for the sale of a swap?

I'm not a MoPar expert, but I believe that in 1960,

only the Valiant (not yet under the Plymouth umbrella), had an alternator (NOT a 1 - wire either).

The following year the alternator concept became more broadly accepted - at least among Chrysler Corporation.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

The contemptible velour....

114926543_goback.jpg.f63552ae2e596873f9f33acfa078c86a.jpg

....I just hope the person buying the car doesn't notice that it's way wrong. BTW I think 1960 was the last year for generators in full-sized Plymouths. 1960 Valiants had alternators.

Two weeks with the top down and that blue velour will be faded to that same hideous shade of purple that never matches with anything in the known automotive world.

grape.jpg.1a90b71773f1c13194fb6a63199179e8.jpg

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

Mopars received some pretty bizarre nylon weaves for upholstery material with silver threads running through two-tone figured and textured fabric.   Probably didn't want to spring for SMS to weave some reproduction cloth and the cost made him blanch.   Still, that plain velour is a poor choice substitute.  Might better pick something with a retro-period appearance even if it wasn't an exact duplicate of the original material.

• Like 2

Agreed.  There are many vinyls that would work with this interior.  One might even find a decent brocade to work well enough, but never that velour, ugh!