1970 Ford Thunderbird Mark T

This apparently isn't someone's customized T-Bird, but a rare dealer option. It appears to be in very nice condition. The grille isn't what I'm used to seeing on these normally nice looking '70's, but if you're looking for something different that isn't an aftermarket custom, maybe this will be of interest. I should warn you, though, I found a car that seems to be this same one that sold on another dealer site for 10,500, but I don't know how long ago that was.

1970 Ford Thunderbird Mark T | eBay

Vehicle Description

This one of the rarest Thunderbirds made. The Mark T edition was dealer installed from 1971-1973 and just a few made in 1970. It included a custom made fiberglass hood and header panel, custom bumper, headlights and a Lincoln Mark lll grill. The top was unique as well. This one has only 68,617 miles and has been very well cared for.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I assume “dealer installed” means it was some kind of third party kit that was marketed to dealers. Not affiliated with Ford. So in my opinion, not much different than an aftermarket sunroof, vinyl top, etc. I don’t count that as “rare” in the valuable way.

• Like 1

Maybe this was in keeping with the aftermarket custom Eldorados of the same era that someone was putting together. I like the Eldorados and Lincolns both, but I think the customs were an acquired taste.