AACA cars wanted for the Syracuse Nationals

ChazA

ATTN all upstate NY members and surrounding states.  I am a volunteer coordinator for the Oneida Lake Region AACA "Memories on Mainstreet" display at the Syracuse Nationals  July 16-18, 2021, Horticulture building this year.  This show draws a crowd of around 90,000 people, along with around 8000 cars!  (One of the largest gatherings in the Northeast) I have helped put on this display for the last 15 years or so, and have been the coordinator for the last 8-9 years.  Typically, we display cars from the early 1990s to 1989, many from local AACA members.   We usually sign up people to become AACA members (National and local) as we have a table in the building hosted by other volunteers from the OLR club.  Usually I only have enough room for 10 or so non- OLR member cars outside of the club (33 total).   However, this year we have the *entire* NY State Fair Horticulture Building.  I believe I can fit another 50-60 cars as of today.  Cars need to be original looking cars.  Although the cars in this building are not judged, one will be selected as a top  "Memories on Mainstreet" car.   OK to bring stanchions if you like, but have not had any issues.  If you have attended this show in the past, the benefit is your car will be indoors, vs the 7000+ that are outside.  Cars will be spaced further apart this year.  Please send me a message if you are interested and I can send details.  This is a great 3 day show!  Chuck

WP_20170714_004.jpg

WP_20170714_006.jpg

Edited by ChazA
typo (see edit history)

Steve thanks.  Edited above, July 16-18, 2021.  We have some local AACA members going there and they will be looking.  I had a transmission go on a car I was supposed to bring :( , but I still may make the trip too!  Thanks, Chuck