I Deserve a Better Fate! 1937 Dodge Coupe FS in Pittsburgh

Yes, the pictures are dim and there are no claims made for an uncorroded body or floor, but this looks like a substantial, running car for $8K. It would be such a shame if people came to believe that all these came from the factory as street rods. Not mine and I haven't seen it. Seller says car's in the Pittsburgh area.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/216163900148109/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab8a60fb3-6ecd-4d93-93b9-09872b0b167d

195445480_4106114666144142_5742361704855704213_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

In my non expert opinion  price is optimistic at best.

Yes,  but not the most optimistic I have ever seen.   Business coupes will sell.  Assuming it is worse than the picture (they always are) then I'm thinking 5-6k?

• Like 4

Yeah, it is hard to know the real selling price of most cars. I'd guess that a $7000 to $9500 range is typical for asked prices running  Mopar coupes of the just-pre to just post-war vintage.  And street rodders will spend big bucks to rod them! In the next body shop bay to my Hudson is a 40 DeSoto coupe that' needed tons of floor and panel work. It's being fitted for an SBC and will have so little DeSoto left that the owner jokes about not remounting the nameplate. Can't help thinking it would have saved money to have started with this one...

• Like 1

I really like this car and the price is not too bad either. After the restoration of my car, I would be concerned with the availability of parts for this car. I searched for a year for the door latch mechanism for my car before I found one.