Oil Gauge (Elgin)

RodgerWilson

Looking for an oil gauge... Falls Motors Corp made engines for several manufactures and I am hoping that someone out there has something that will work.  Based on the attached ad it looks like this could be a style that they used on several motors.  I have the tube and site glass, but the gauge itself is missing.  It looks like the rod that connects the float and gauge is broken off where it should connect to the gauge.  I do feel the float working on the other end of the rod.  See the pictures as it should tell the story.  Thanks.

Falls Motor.jpg

Motor L Side_marked.jpg

Motor Front marked.jpg

IMG_3029.JPG

Gauge wire & missing gauge.jpg

I can't believe it.... I must have stumped the antique car world.  It seem like somebody out there can always point me in the right direction for help, but in this case I haven't gotten any replies.  Perhaps the right person is away from their computer on vacation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dennis Long of Ohio is a friend and an occasional contributor on this forum. He has several Grant motor cars/parts, if memory serves. Grant cars used both Falls and Walker engines at various times. Maybe he will see this and respond?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...