Jump to content

walk in the south of France


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Actually, they were assembled in Kenosha, Wisconsin with imported components.  The only complete imports were the Renault 18, Fuego, and the 21, which was called the 'Medallion' in US and Canada.  The Renault 5 was still imported to Canada for a few years after imports to the US ceased.  In late 1988, the new plant in Brampton started building the Eagle Premier, which was a restyled Renault 25.   Once the amount of cars assembled had been reached, Chrysler then cut all previous ties to Renault.

 

Craig

 

Ah ok thank you very much for all this information, I did not know it ;) 

The renault Fuego was also imported in America ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hans1 said:

So nice to see the cars, people and buildings that I am not likely to visit and enjoy.

Thank you for your thoughtful kindness in sharing with all of us.

 

Thank you very much Hans1 , it is with pleasure that I share these photos :)
I will put pictures of the next gathering / walk :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

 

Ah ok thank you very much for all this information, I did not know it ;) 

The renault Fuego was also imported in America ?

Yes.  A friend of mine had one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mike6024 said:

this one is for sale in Canada. I was shocked when I saw it by accident. Never knew such existed. It is 1998, not too new.

 

51100946177_6da89514d3_c.jpg

 

Yes I didn't think there was any in Canada at all ! ;) 
Because in France they are rare ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

 

ah ok I didn't know that they were also imported into America ;) 

I heard them referred to as "French Camaros."  Did not sell terribly well as performance was a bit tepid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, bryankazmer said:

I heard them referred to as "French Camaros."  Did not sell terribly well as performance was a bit tepid.

 

The Renault Fuego was not a sports car :)  , there was still the "Turbo" version with 132 hp for 1165 kg. it had a top speed of 200 km / h  ( 124 mph ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent photos, Sebastien, not just of the cars but off the buildings as well.  When you live in an area where the oldest surviving building was constructed in 1863, seeing ones that can be many hundreds of years old is a different experience.  My wife and I have visited Europe a number of times and we prefer to stay in bed and breakfast accomodation because doing so often gives us the opportunity to stay in a place which may have a lot of history in its past.  The most beautiful one we have ever stayed in was not far from Bagnols sur Ceze in the Gard department.  It is called the Bake House (cheznous.comsaintcastor).  It is a "four au pain" which originally was the kitchen for a monastery that dates back I believe to the 15th century.  It has such a beautiful setting we stayed for a week!  Places such as Avignon, the Point du Gard, Chateauneuf Du Pape and other sights are within an easy drive.  Thank you.    

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Excellent photos, Sebastien, not just of the cars but off the buildings as well.  When you live in an area where the oldest surviving building was constructed in 1863, seeing ones that can be many hundreds of years old is a different experience.  My wife and I have visited Europe a number of times and we prefer to stay in bed and breakfast accomodation because doing so often gives us the opportunity to stay in a place which may have a lot of history in its past.  The most beautiful one we have ever stayed in was not far from Bagnols sur Ceze in the Gard department.  It is called the Bake House (cheznous.comsaintcastor).  It is a "four au pain" which originally was the kitchen for a monastery that dates back I believe to the 15th century.  It has such a beautiful setting we stayed for a week!  Places such as Avignon, the Point du Gard, Chateauneuf Du Pape and other sights are within an easy drive.  Thank you.    

 

Thank you to you dictator27  ;) , yes the places you mentioned are very beautiful  ;)
Here in the Tarn et Garonne (a region in the south of France), there are often large houses which are 200 years old, they almost look like small castles ;)
I live in an old farmhouse that has been restored and it dates from the year 1850 .
There are a lot of old houses in "earth" (technique used at the time) and in stone too :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...