Wagon. Special Wagon. New to me 63!

• 3 weeks later...

It arrived Monday!  A little ruff inside as expected.  I may need a tailgate or some inventive surgery to the hinge area- it is compromised. 

One detail that is interesting- the little "Texan" logo similar to the 1960 Invicta Wagon "Texan" interior.  A little nod to that.  

63 wagon8.jpg

12187891_911234932298942_6537112954878081355_n.jpg

Edited by Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Ted, nice little wagon. Love the rear end, very unique. Sad that GM decided to upsize their compacts in ‘64 as they were really the right size in 61-63.

Really jealous of those 15” wheels, they would look great with the wire wheel covers off a first generation Riviera.

Interested to know your plans and follow your thread. FYI there is an active FB forum for these cars. Members seem a mixed bag, some are happy to do the “ gotta fit disc brakes and a Chev 350” scenario but there are enough who keep them as they should be.

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Rodney- the wheels are an unexpected surprise.  Looked at Coker and they do not list a 15" for this car.

Wonder how my supercats would look ... 

IMG_2514.jpeg

They would look smart! The Special have a four stud bolt pattern which limits what you can do. A few convert them to five stud but that means drilling the axles. Have seen four spoke Cragars that look good, but think what you have there is spot on.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀