For Sale: 1956 Buick Roadmaster - Two-tone California car - Clarkston, MI - Not Mine

6T-FinSeeker

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Buick Roadmaster 4-dr Hardtop in Clarkston, MI  -  $22,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/124872996382130/1956-Buick-Roadmaster

Seller's Description:

1956 Buick Roadmaster 4-dr Hardtop

• Driven 99,999 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: White

1956 Buick Roadmaster. California car. All new tires, new brakes. 264-Cubic-inch V-8 Ready for the Woodward Cruise or Back to the Bricks. Come drive it and see what you think? Serious Inquiries only. No low ballers. I do not need help selling this. Thanks for looking!

image.png.863fc32d51074e7ea78ebdf2f27c56d2.png

image.png.d9dbaa9f48cc8f1695ae602c4df10c6d.png

image.png.e6a3c88d26a1b438574daa2ac23d3228.png

image.png.448a5694f02f60fc3c2f4fc0c6e4abcc.png

Really?  This apparent flipper had to look up the displacement of a 56 Buick * and got it wrong?  

I like the coral color of 1956 but that looks like a bad repaint to me. This is my favorite Buick of the 50’s.  While I appreciate all 2 door models, I just love the 56 Roadmaster 4 door hard tops.  The 55 Century 2 door hard tops are nice but the 56 Roadmaster benefits from that extra width and belt line in my opinion. Does not look as slab sided to me.  I believe Lamar calls that a French curve…

*for the Roadmaster, gotcha Y Job Fan.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Really?  This apparent flipper had to look up the displacement of a 56 Buick * and got it wrong?  

I like the coral color of 1956 but that looks like a bad repaint to me. This is my favorite Buick of the 50’s.  While I appreciate all 2 door models, I just love the 56 Roadmaster 4 door hard tops.  The 55 Century 2 door hard tops are nice but the 56 Roadmaster benefits from that extra width and belt line in my opinion. Does not look as slab sided to me.  I believe Lamar calls that a French curve…

*for the Roadmaster, gotcha Y Job Fan.  

Agree with everything that you wrote. I do not know if it is just me, but the color seems to be just a little off. You can shoot for the coral and put a little too much red in there and end up pink, IMO that is what happened here. I really like the coral color on this year Buick, also really like the roofline that enters the rear window. This may be someone's cup of tea, but for that price I would say everything has to be right. 

• Like 1

We like it but need more photos up, down, over and under.   Don't know if other folks have notice this oddity, but to me it appears most all of the Buick 1950's line up of cars up thru 1958 before the frame change in 1959 always seem to lean a little over on the driver's side ... heeling to port as the old salty dogs would say.  Is it because of the battery is on that side and the driver too or perhaps with the 4 corner spring suspension or perhaps after so many right hand turns and the above weighting and springs this is bound to eventually occur ?