WTB 1968 Buick Riviera steering wheel in mint condition (must be beige)

60s GM Fan

All,

I'm currently looking for the factory correct steering wheel for my 1968 Buick as my car currently has an awful aftermarket wooden/chromed steel steering wheel.  If you have one for sale please PM me and let me know what you want for it.  Must be beige and must be in excellent/mint condition.  Thank you.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:18 AM, 68RivPearle said:

All,

I'm currently looking for the factory correct steering wheel for my 1968 Buick as my car currently has an awful aftermarket wooden/chromed steel steering wheel.  If you have one for sale please PM me and let me know what you want for it.  Must be beige and must be in excellent/mint condition.  Thank you.

Good luck. All 68 steering wheels I have seen, including mine, are cracked in the hub and around the circumference. Buick Farm has/had an unfinished 68 steering wheel for ~$900 at the 2019 ROA Meet. You would have to contact them to see if they still have it. Good luck with your search. 

A cracked & off-color steering wheel can be repaired & painted, so you might broaden your search. I had a heck of a time finding a stock '65 wheel in decent affordable condition. I eventually acquired one from someone here on the forum(for a song, but cracked in all the usual places of course.) I routed out the cracks, filled them w JBWeld, sanded it to perfection, & took it to my favorite body shop, where it was sprayed w several coats of black lacquer.($50) It turned out better than new. In fact it looks a little conspicuous in my original interior.      Good luck

Case in point: currently on eBay you will find a black '68 wheel for $75.(!!!) It is cracked as you would expect but definitely repairable. And most importantly, the hornbar appears to be in excellent shape.(if not there are several horn bars available) I would jump on it, as you are unlikely to find the wheel of your dreams. You will find tutorials on steering wheel repair on Youtube & possibly on a search of this forum. I guarantee if done properly you will be amazed w the results.      Drew

Well the search continues.  According to Steering Wheel Bob if its split by the base its not worth restoring.  If anyone has a lead on a decent one for restoration please let me know.  As for now I'll deal with my aftermarket wheel.

• Like 1