Daily Driver Insurance?

60s GM Fan

All,

Good morning.  I'm about to pick my 1968 Buick Riviera up in Nevada this Friday and I currently have my policy through Geico however I doubt they'd give me the value of the vehicle in the event something bad happens.  I know that Hagerty will not cover my car if its a daily driver.  Does anyone have any insurance recommendations for a classic that will be driven less than 6k miles a year?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

A friend of mine: ROA member, owner of a 65 Gran Sport, and State Farm Agent has his car insured to an agreed upon stated value with State Farm. No restrictions. But I don’t think it is inexpensive like Hagerty or Grundy.  If you’re going to drive it regularly, you shouldn’t expect it to be insured like you would a rarely driven classic.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you Ed.  I'll reach out today to State Farm and see what kind of quote I can get.  Geico provided full coverage for my 68 however they said they'd only give book value which of course would probably be next to nil.

68Riv, I'm insured with USAA. USAA connected me with an agency that insured me for 4000 miles a year on my 63. I have an agreed upon value that is about what I paid and invested in restoration ( a lot for this kind of car). I have the car garaged and have security built in for theft. I think I pay about $400-$500 a year. I ll track down the name of the outfit.

Turbinator

On 6/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, 68RivPearle said:

I'll reach out today to State Farm and see what kind of quote I can get

68- American Collector Car Insurance was referred to me via USAA. American Car Coolector were ez to deal with and reasonably priced.