Recommendations for northeast brass era repair shops

There are quite a few in western Connecticut. I worked for a family friend named Stu Laidlaw for a while who specializes in brass era cars, he's over in Redding, CT. But if you are looking for someone different or closer to home, I encourage you to check out the Horseless Carriage Club of America website: https://hcca.org/ . The people selling and posting stuff often have their contact info on their and often are the restorers themselves. At the very least, they would be able to point you in the right direction. Try reaching out to some of the regional presidents near you, they are often very helpful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William Romoser said:

There are quite a few in western Connecticut. I worked for a family friend named Stu Laidlaw for a while who specializes in brass era cars, he's over in Redding, CT. But if you are looking for someone different or closer to home, I encourage you to check out the Horseless Carriage Club of America website: https://hcca.org/ . The people selling and posting stuff often have their contact info on their and often are the restorers themselves. At the very least, they would be able to point you in the right direction. Try reaching out to some of the regional presidents near you, they are often very helpful.

Thank you William that is good advice!

How far “south” are you willing to go?  I know of an early expert in the Gettysburg area, another in Maryland, another in Virginia. 

What do you need done, and how far are you willing to travel?

• Like 1

It maybe worth going to the meet at Dragone’s Classic Cars in Orange Ct. this Saturday the 5th 7am to 4pm and make your inquires among other old car cranks..Plus Dragone is a restoration facility too and “brass” passes through there often. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Flivverking said:

It maybe worth going to the meet at Dragone’s Classic Cars in Orange Ct. this Saturday the 5th 7am to 4pm and make your inquires among other old car cranks..Plus Dragone is a restoration facility too and “brass” passes through there often. 

Would love to visit Dragone’s but unfortunately can’t make this weekend.. thanks for the heads up and will look out for next event there

18 hours ago, trimacar said:

How far “south” are you willing to go?  I know of an early expert in the Gettysburg area, another in Maryland, another in Virginia. 

What do you need done, and how far are you willing to travel?

Looking to avoid that type of distance but not out of the question if you have a really good recommendation ... no specific project right now but anticipate several.. thanks

4 hours ago, Eastgate Motors said:

They definitely look worth investigating... thank you... have they done work for you before?... Have a Locomobile that it looks like they would be specialized for

Not for me personally, but they have for a few guys I know, one of which won first in their class at Amelia last year with a car they did. Truly impressive work. 

Edited by JCHansen1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1