Wood grain Dash and Door Trim

Kevrev

I am trying to find some laser cut pieces of walnut consul and door trim. The ones on Ebay seem to be very dull. I ordered a sheet of walnut from USA, but that to is very dull. Where is the best place to buy

I used 3M wrap on my panels after stripping them. I used the real wood on my console and believe it or not I think the 3M film looks better. (you can see it on my avatar) 3M Marine Teak Wood "Di-Noc" Can't tell it from the real thing. Trust me....

What do you mean by very dull?  The clear coat is going to dictate the sheen of the veneer.  If you want a shiny finish, spray it with a high gloss clear coat.

If you want a low gloss/matte look, I'd suggest you simply use tongue oil or similar oil finish on it.

12 hours ago, Hazdaz said:

What do you mean by very dull?  The clear coat is going to dictate the sheen of the veneer.  If you want a shiny finish, spray it with a high gloss clear coat.

If you want a low gloss/matte look, I'd suggest you simply use tongue oil or similar oil finish on it.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Kevrev said:

Thank you

One suggestion if that if you are buying raw veneer (without a backer) to stain/seal both sides of the veneer.  If you don't do that, the wood tends to want to curl.  You can't totally eliminate it, but you can greatly minimize it.  Good luck.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:24 PM, frenchy51 said:

Can't tell it from the real thing. Trust me....

Frenchy, technology has done miracles with fiberglass in building materials. I looked at some of the better fiberglass entry doors and was amazed how true to life the wood grain looked. For my garage door I went with the fiberglass and the appearance looks to me like wood.

So, yes it is the quality of materials and workmanship in products is how they should be judged, not by price or brand name alone. There is no status in over spending.

Stay Well

Turbinator