LUCAS/JAGUAR SCREWDRIVER/POINT GAP TOOL PN 400935 DATE CODE 54 NOS IN PACKET

THESE ARE MOST OFTEN LOST FROM JAG XK120-150 TOOL KITS. SCREWDRIVER WITH .014-.016 POINT GAP GAUGE.  NOS IN ORIGINAL SLEEVE. $45.00 DELIVERED IN THE LOWER 48 STATES. FOUND IN LONG CLOSED BUILDING WHICH HOUSED BMC DEALER. CALL 703-966-8422 OR PM-THANKS

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

Hello Bullrun,

Without wanting to be rude I think that you may have the decimal point in the wrong place. While I do not have a use for it right away,  it could go into my Lagonda's tool kit without looking out of place. I will give you $4.50 for it, AND pay the postage.(to Australia).  

If I scratch around I could probably find the one I already have, but this will save me tipping everything out of my "hand bag".

I have probably talked about these (Hand-bags) before, you buy them from your local "Charity" shop for some "loose change", Being top quality Italian Leather, they do not scratch paint work, or damage interior trim, they hold just about everything that a "girl" may ever need. They do not rattle and fit into any odd corner in your car.

I have one for each car, with the specific tools for that car in a place where I can find them when I need them.  

Look,lots of pockets for small things like this Ignition screw driver/feeler gauge. 

Buy one today!

I have another one to carry my "Petanque" balls, pen, score pad AND a handful of peppermints, etc, etc.

Bernie j.DSCN7275.jpg.2228387dc4c3837672be4d9b6e417519.jpg

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

This is the second one mentioned above. It too is Italian leather and stays in the front (passenger side) floor of my Peugeot (405 Sri).

As you can see, it comfortably holds the three metal balls and all the other necessary things. I would not be without a "handbag"......... Score pad and pen etc live in the zipper closed pocket.DSCN7276.jpg.b60354d61ef6fce9dcc79a9230249745.jpgDSCN7277.jpg.0619e976163f6c1d0ac95f9718c7a079.jpg

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Bernie,

A question for you to ponder as you consider another restoration project...

Like your Lagonda, my TD uses SU carbs that employ an oil reservoir for dampening.  A question I have had over the years of British car ownership, is this...what happens to the oil in the reservoir?  Every few months, it seems that the oil in the reservoir in the dashpots needs to be topped up.  Besides the dampening effect, does it also provide some sort of lubrication for the jet?

If you have any theories, I would love to hear them.

Cheers!

Every time you run the engine a little of this oil is washed off and is drawn in with the fuel and burnt.  Basically its only job is to prevent the carburettor "piston" from "fluttering" with each engine revolution. Keeping the air-fuel proportions even. With a tapered needle the mixture is  enrichened as the carburettor piston is lifted. As the piston is lifted the volume of air/fuel flowing into the engine is increased and the mixture enriched to compensate for this.

Bj.

• Like 1

Bernie,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I always figured it must serve some lubrication purpose as well as dampening the jet.  Probably keeps the piston moving smoothly, as well.

Anything new with the Lagonda?