Jump to content

1936 Dodge grill center w/wings


Recommended Posts

Here’s a 36 Dodge grill center car or truck in real nice condition. Not show but real nice driver condition. Has one lil crack at bottom left corner where the crank hole cover mounts but I’m gonna repair before shipping. $800 plus shipping 

4E607171-D9C5-4E68-AE8E-A3C19DF8FA26.jpeg

62C95937-FFEB-4801-97CB-FBC296339ED6.jpeg

image.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Uptowndodge said:

Here’s a 36 Dodge grill center car or truck in real nice condition. Not show but real nice driver condition. Has one lil crack at bottom left corner where the crank hole cover mounts but I’m gonna repair before shipping. $800 plus shipping 

4E607171-D9C5-4E68-AE8E-A3C19DF8FA26.jpeg

62C95937-FFEB-4801-97CB-FBC296339ED6.jpeg

image.jpg

That is a great price

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Might be best not to attempt to fix the crack. If this is to be re-plated, the plater would be the best option to repair this once the copper layer is on. Just my experience. As others have noted, this is a nice and hard to find part and should restore up nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 8:37 AM, vicpanza said:

Might be best not to attempt to fix the crack. If this is to be re-plated, the plater would be the best option to repair this once the copper layer is on. Just my experience. As others have noted, this is a nice and hard to find part and should restore up nice. 

I agree. From experience let the plater fix it during their process. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 6:37 AM, vicpanza said:

Might be best not to attempt to fix the crack. If this is to be re-plated, the plater would be the best option to repair this once the copper layer is on. Just my experience. As others have noted, this is a nice and hard to find part and should restore up nice. 

 

On 6/16/2021 at 2:36 PM, Uptowndodge said:

Yes it’s available 

Sent you a message. Would like to buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My experience was to send the cracked grill to Wrights Custom Chrome in Grafton Ohio for plating.

They stripped the original finish before repairing the cracks. Next they sent the grill back to me with the first copper coat applied. I fabricated a new crank hole cover in steel and sent it and the grill back for them to plate. 

See pics. Badge is original.655847918_37DodgeBros.MCgrill.JPG.8454cd16a89359b1081a296803b7a30b.JPG102_2281.JPG.9fefe9c4ea06c5edb786e9946cd21ea0.JPG 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, johnworden1 said:

My experience was to send the cracked grill to Wrights Custom Chrome in Grafton Ohio for plating.

They stripped the original finish before repairing the cracks. Next they sent the grill back to me with the first copper coat applied. I fabricated a new crank hole cover in steel and sent it and the grill back for them to plate. 

See pics. Badge is original.655847918_37DodgeBros.MCgrill.JPG.8454cd16a89359b1081a296803b7a30b.JPG102_2281.JPG.9fefe9c4ea06c5edb786e9946cd21ea0.JPG 

That looks killer very nice work 👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, johnworden1 said:

My experience was to send the cracked grill to Wrights Custom Chrome in Grafton Ohio for plating.

They stripped the original finish before repairing the cracks. Next they sent the grill back to me with the first copper coat applied. I fabricated a new crank hole cover in steel and sent it and the grill back for them to plate. 

See pics. Badge is original.655847918_37DodgeBros.MCgrill.JPG.8454cd16a89359b1081a296803b7a30b.JPG102_2281.JPG.9fefe9c4ea06c5edb786e9946cd21ea0.JPG 

What do you charge for crank hole cover?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...