56 Roadmaster convertible top

The new BCA office send a lot of Buick people to me and many of the questions are about Buicks that I know nothing about.  

A Mr. Waters had some sort of incident with his 56 convertible top and needs help.

If anyone here has parts and can also suggest parts interchangeability with other years or models of GM cars please post here.     I will then suggest he come to this site to get the answers.   This removes me as the middleman.   He is located somewhere in Calif.   (419) area code. 

6 hours ago, John Waters said:

Does anyone know if the 1954-1956 Cadillac 62 convertible top parts are interchangeable with the 1954-1956 Buick Roadmaster?

I don't know for sure but suspect so as I know this to be true with 57-58; this was going to be a suggestion of mine.  If you have loose the parts you need and can take measurements I know a couple Cadillac guys who can probably help confirm and sell you the parts you need. 

Mr Waters contacted me and after posting the first message, I talked with him.  Maybe I can help explain his problem. 

His car was being moved from his house to a shop for basic repair/maintenance.   Somehow the wind caught the top and 

pivot mount behind the seat was broken.   Without photos, it is hard to imagine what needs to be done but from our conversation he may need a chunk of the inside panel that has the top pivot point.... also I do not know if it is one or both sides. 

Maybe he can post some photos

On 6/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, Barney Eaton said:

Without photos, it is hard to imagine what needs to be done but from our conversation he may need a chunk of the inside panel that has the top pivot point.... also I do not know if it is one or both sides. 

Maybe he can post some photos

a for sure case of "a picture is worth a thousand words"  I have some '54 convertible top parts but from the description could not figure out exactly what he needed. Good that he found them though, that had to be a traumatic experience.