1964 Buick Electra convertible arrived here in Australia

Wayne R

Hello ,my latest classic arrived here   couple of weeks ago,  and some here on the forum i have mentioned this and

listed a few photos   while it was on its way.

But i wanted to  mention that over the years i have used   Por 15  and Bill  Hirsh miracle paint in places 

under body  chassis  that require  to preserve, always used  Black,  or grey, and on a Mercedes 230SL pagoda used 

white and turned out  cream  just perfect as the car came from the factory that color  on my example. as it was  cream 

outside paint as well.

I was speaking to my Buick Friend in Sacramento, and apparently   some are starting to use  Miracle paint  clear,.

i have never used this  so decided to try it, on my Electra under the rear seat first as i  had to fit rear seat belts,

because  had  never been fitted , and require here for safety  inspection.

And i am so happy doing this with clear, i am going to do the rest as well,----I WILL TELL YOU WHY---.

Many times over the years selling classics ,using  black ,grey, etc  buyers ask and think that the Miracle paint

is covering  body work and  rust repairs, so-----that is the reason----.

A few photos, advise here as well, sorry  i have found that Miracle paint  is better to use than Por 15,

better consistency,  always  2 coats,  i hour and a half between coats, use a brush,----its marvelous.

and will never use  black again. regards.

P1100023.JPG

P1100024.JPG

P1100025.JPG

P1100032.JPG

P1100033.JPG

IMG_2088.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Wayne,

great to see another Aussie thread on Buick.

Thinking that the clear will be great for showing the next owner the real condition of the floor and preserving it/preventing any further deterioration. 

Look forward to more posts on this one!

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀