ID late teens /early twenties car, please? Is it a Buick?

PFindlay

11 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

The other cars in the photo are quite interesting as well. A { I think } Model T open cab truck and a very sporting looking , fenderless,  Model T roadster. The Roadster must have thrown up a fair bit of Ontario mud. 

The truck looks too big to be a Model T.  Kind of reminds me of my Buick truck, but not quite correct.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Photos are blurry. Around a 1922 Buick me thinks. It could be a McLaughlin-Buick being it is a Canadian photo. Dandy Dave.

Thanks, Buick was my first thought also, but I'm not sure.  It has no outside door handles, which might suggest a pre-20  or so Buick, but I think those Buicks had a lower windshield edge that ran straight across, not following the curve of the cowl as this one does.    Same with McLaughlin, I think. 

• Like 1

• PFindlay changed the title to ID late teens /early twenties car, please? Is it a Buick?

Buick was my first thought too,just becuse of the radiator top shape,1921-1922 Buick has that curved lower windows.But I don`t think it`s a Buick at all,as PFindley say no outer door handles,front fenders not curved as Buick fenders at that time as well as the rear part of the top.?

• Like 1

I found this small picture on a Buick site.  It's the only one so far that appears to match (no door handles and curved windshield bottom edge.)  But it could be that the door handles are not installed yet.

Also, the car in the original photo doesn't appear to have drum headlights, and has no cowl lights.

Peter

1920 Buick.jpg

• Like 1

I think the drum headlights started in 1923, at least on the sixes they did. So perhaps a 1922   4 Cyl ? I will see if I can find a photo. 1922 should have the re - styled body with the higher hood line but still have the bell shaped headlights.

Nope, all the ones I see on line have door handles. Perhaps not a Buick after all ?

Greg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It looks like the bottom rear of the back door is notched for the rear fender in the subject car like many were ruling out the Overland and the Chevrolet. Also the doors on the big Chevy's were slanted back like these are if you look close. The car behind the Chevy is a '14 Cadillac.

• 3 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, 1912Staver said:

I think the drum headlights started in 1923, at least on the sixes they did. So perhaps a 1922   4 Cyl ? I will see if I can find a photo. 1922 should have the re - styled body with the higher hood line but still have the bell shaped headlights.

Nope, all the ones I see on line have door handles. Perhaps not a Buick after all ?

Greg

My 22 McLaughlin Buick 4 cyl three passenger coupe has this drum style headlights.