Road Trip

I just returned from a 1,530 mile round trip between Portland, OR and San Geronimo, CA.  The warm California sun was enjoyable.  We took the 'vert and even Karen (not a collector) enjoyed the ride.  Once you're out of the cities the scenery truly is beautiful, especially through the redwoods in southern Oregon and northern California.  

The only negative was a tire fail at 70 mph on I-5.  I hit something on the road and the tread peeled off the tire, but stayed connected and busted the fender as it went around.  I managed to pull out on the shoulder and was amazed at what I saw.  The tire still had air in it!

Anyway everything worked out ok; we were safe, the car was driveable and when we got to Marin County we bought four new tires.

Reattas are made for driving.  Get out there and put some rubber on the road!

tzpcMsphQ5+%l9Y7hgpyfA.jpg

o3rBJ1HVQheTIzqyJvjNPQ.jpg

%1UIe6LJSr2KIEdD77Ce+Q.jpg

V%4DQ+EATTqDN4+bs1Vmlg.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Retired w/Reatta said:

I agree. I drove the hell out of mine Sunday on the Tail of the Dragon. Over 300 curves in 11 miles.

Sorry to hear about the tire blowout. Hope the damage won't be too hard to fix.

dragon5-23-9.jpg

• Like 2

I agree put some rubber on the roads. Very sorry to hear about the tire an fender issue. I am sure one of our part suppliers will get you fixed up.

I have mine out every weekend going to  Cars and Coffee in Leesburg VA. This is a public facebook page.

Great people and great cars. Been doing this for about 2 years now almost every week.

6 hours ago, Retired w/Reatta said:

I just returned from a 1,530 mile round trip between Portland, OR and San Geronimo, CA.  The warm California sun was enjoyable.  We took the 'vert and even Karen (not a collector) enjoyed the ride.  Once you're out of the cities the scenery truly is beautiful, especially through the redwoods in southern Oregon and northern California.  

The only negative was a tire fail at 70 mph on I-5.  I hit something on the road and the tread peeled off the tire, but stayed connected and busted the fender as it went around.  I managed to pull out on the shoulder and was amazed at what I saw.  The tire still had air in it!

Anyway everything worked out ok; we were safe, the car was driveable and when we got to Marin County we bought four new tires.

tzpcMsphQ5+%l9Y7hgpyfA.jpg

o3rBJ1HVQheTIzqyJvjNPQ.jpg

%1UIe6LJSr2KIEdD77Ce+Q.jpg

V%4DQ+EATTqDN4+bs1Vmlg.jpg

But just not as much rubber as you did...

Just last week on “The Buick Reatta” Facebook page a young woman posted that she had a blowout and was looking for parts, another member posted the second picture of a blowout he had. It was also mentioned that we should put new rubber on our 30 year old spares 

4B271096-50FC-4485-B6EB-2103E44468E9.jpeg

6CF1E79A-2C0E-4272-A1E6-F09452D808EC.png

• 3 months later...