1927 Pierce Arrow Model 36 EDLimo

Hupp36

You  may  find  a more  expensive one  than  this  one, but  not  any  finer. The  cost  of  this  restoration was  $160,000 a  number  of  years  ago. It  still is  museum quality and  runs  and  drives  great. Look  for  the  story  and  pic. in  the  P/A section of  this  forum. Price is  $50,000 and  you  will not  find  a  better  buy  than  this for  a  car  of  this  quality. Call  603   217 7234.  Chuck

20200516_155455 (1).jpg

• Like 1

I  am  truly a  Hupmobile  guy, I  would entertain a  partial trade on  a  Hupp  roadster or  open  touring. If  you  have  a Hupp  and  want  to  trade  up  to  one  of  the  finest cars  ever  made in  America, lets  talk.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to see that you are letting your Pierce go.

That is more than a fair price and I would be very surprised if it has not been sold already.

I know a little about your history with the car and I know you really wanted to hang onto it.

Good luck with finding another passionate owner.

• Like 1

I  have  thought  about what  I  have  to  do. Dale told  me that  he  new that  I  was  not  a rich man of  money. As  friends, I  am  the  riches  man in the  world. It  is  very  hard to part  with  this  piece of  history, but in  reality, I  do  not  have the money to  keep  this  car  as  it  should be  taken  car of. I  feel  I let  Dale  down, but I  am  sure  some  one  else  will  take  car  of  this  car  as it  should be.

• Like 1

The only way you could have let your dear friend Dale down is if you allowed the car to fall into disrepair or you sacrificed your loved one's needs to keep the car going.

One of the greatest ways to pay respects to Dale is to make sure the Pierce finds another owner as passionate as Dale was and as you are about the car.

BTW do you have a link to a for sale ad or to the thread you had where you posted many pictures of the car and a little of the history?

I know someone that has been looking for an open Pierce but this one is so nice it may just change his mind about not looking at closed cars.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 1