Can anyone recognize what this tool is used for?

Frank Wilkie

14 hours ago, cudaman said:

It's a metal insert for the hub of a horse drawn wagon wheel, called the "boxing".

you say it's a metal insert for the hub, but I viewed the entire video and didn't see my item (tool) put into a hub.. Why would the 15/16 be stamped or cast into the item (tool) I have along with the number 71?   I'm just trying to make sure what it is..

Well I didnt say, its not my post. If I formatted my response wrong, sorry. I watched the video and the metal hub, sleeve, or whatever its known as by wheelwrights is pressed towards  the end. Or certainly well past half way. BTW he has a channel on youtube under the shop name. Lotsa other wheelwright stuff. 
 The method if attaching the rubber tire to the wheel rim or hoop or whatever its called was most interesting to me.
  I did not understand what the metal plates he attached to rim early on are for. 

Edited by Studeous
Correct action of my finger when typing. (see edit history)

As Studeous says, the boxing gets hydraulically pressed into the wooden hub starting at 19:00.  The steel bands around the two ends of the wooden hub help keep the hub from splitting.  The "felloe" is the wood rim that the outer tenons of the spokes fit into.  The felloe is made in two parts, the two metal curved plates reinforce the splice joint between the two sections of the felloe.  :)

• Like 2

Thank you guys for putting me on the right track.. i looked up or googled wheelwright tools and found this tool .. It come in different sizes. It says it is used for installing roller bearings in various axle size. So, I guess you would say it is a Boxing tool for a wheelwright.