1947 buick 6 volt starter solenoid problem

Jamdadbay

Guys.. I've got a starter problem. See the video. This is a 1947 buick 6 volt. When I use a switch to turn it on the solenoid armature kicks in and out super fast (not good) but when I manually press the armature connection the starter works properly. Any ideas?

Thanks LaVerl... yes its temp wiring while I have it out of the car.  DAMN - Im an idiot!  so simple.  Yes I had presumed that because the other pole was directly connected to the housing of the starter body, that it was earth.  I have just gone out and sent yellow terminal to earth and yes it works perfectly.  LaVerL... You Da Man!  Thanks mate👍

No problem, We can rebuild and restore just about any old classic Starter, Generator or Alternator. 35 plus years experience, We rewind generator armatures in house and can make field coils also for our finished product is like factory new again,  These units are as clean inside being 100% disassembled, new field coils (Some rare cases may be inspected and re-wrapped, 100% new quality bearings and or bushings. Replacement ID tags can made on request.

A&E Generator, Snap Rebuilders, Henstrom Generator, Orem Auto Electric are all the same company just to clear up some possible confusion

https://snap-usa.com/

IMG_5860 (1).JPG

Edited by AE generator
grammer change (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1