For Sale: Original Advertising Artwork of a 1925 Peerless Coup

Original advertising artwork of a 1925 coup by famous artist Rolf Pielke that he produced under contract for the General Outdoor Advertising billboard company. This was advertising for the Pioneer Motor Car Company of Van Ness, Washington. Ad is done in watercolor. Professionally framed and double matted.  $1200.00

DSC02721-crop.JPG

• Like 2

That, my dear DSW, is a 1924 Peerless Touring Phaeton.

It could be a Model 66 with a 332 Cu. In. V-8; or a Model Six-70 with a 289 Cu. In. straight six, introduced at the New York Auto Show in January, 1924.

I see it's described as a "coupe" and it looks like the brass plaque under the glass is also inscribed with an incorrect description of the car.  Too bad.

Terry

Posted (edited)

I agree, Terry. Calling that a coupe is like calling a 4-1/2 Litre Bentley a cheap six-banger. It is a very nice illustration from the period. The headlights lead me to believe it is a 1923 or 24 Model 66 Four-Passenger Touring Phaeton....that would set you back $2,990 at the factory. A little odd to see a Canadian Mountie trying to fix the little roadster in the background.

Here is a comparable car for sale about 6 years ago:post-49853-143138128856_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 2 months later...