Emergency, engine cooling fan

This car is supposed to transport the Grand Wizard (or whatever his title is) of the local American Legion in a parade on Sunday. Turned AC on and blow something. Now I have no engine cooling fan. Clove box manual does not show a fuse for that. Now I'm looking at the service manual. I could use help!!!

27 minutes ago, Plumbinguy said:

This car is supposed to transport the Grand Wizard (or whatever his title is) of the local American Legion in a parade on Sunday. Turned AC on and blow something. Now I have no engine cooling fan. Clove box manual does not show a fuse for that. Now I'm looking at the service manual. I could use help!!!

So, what exactly is the car you’re referring to?

OK dude, is your TC a v6 or a 2.2? Not sorry to have to ask. 
Having been in the business 60 years, I would know that if I was looking at the car, but I’m not a mind reader.

When you buy parts, you are asked “Year, Make Model and what engine.” These days the VIN would be helpful too.

Ill check the correct wiring diagram and let you know what I find.

A question for you, If the Grand Wizard is to be riding in this car in a parade, what does he need AC for? Won’t the top be down so he can more easily be seen by his admiring public?

Also, other than the radiator cooling fan, what else doesn’t work. If you don’t know, check it out and let us know.

The more information you are willing to give, the better we can try to help. 

89 SOHV 2.2 Chrysler Turbo.last 6 digits of the vin 203814. It's listed with the guy who keeps track of all.the vin numbers.the a/ c is not a problem of course.but at 3 mph without a cooling fan I'll cook the engine.if it's easier call me at 860-428-9146.Thanks as always for your help

ZC2FP110XKB203814

Edited by Plumbinguy
Vin # (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Plumbinguy said:

Turned AC on and blow something. Now I have no engine cooling fan.

Wouldn't you think that since you blew something when you turned on the AC that the reason the cooling fan won't come on is related to the AC? Have you driven the car to see if the cooling fan will come on when the engine starts to get  hot? Like when idling for a long period in traffic.

Normally the cooling fans on most cars come on two different ways.

1- When the AC is turned on the low speed cooling fans are activated. This probably stopped happening when you blew the AC fuse (or something).

2- When the engine exceeds normal operating temperature. The fans may still come on if you allow the engine to get warm enough.

• Thanks 1

You would be wise to check the Fusible Links there in the wiring harness. That may be the cause of the "no fan operation" but not the INITIAL FAILURE which would appear to be a direct 'SHORT CIRCUIT' in the wiring harness which could even be in the AC/Heater control or it's related wiring.

Check it out closely. A blown fusible link would require a replacement link installed, NOT straight wire. Unless you want to see the entire wiring harness go up in smoke.

9C1F50EA-6C24-491C-9547-8EB9A49A8F71_1_201_a.jpeg.4ddacde6eeeb4fa0eb45aec95d449134.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ronnie said:
22 hours ago, Plumbinguy said:

Turned AC on and blow something. Now I have no engine cooling fan.

Wouldn't you think that since you blew something when you turned on the AC that the reason the cooling fan won't come on is related to the AC?

You are giving good advice here, this is definitely the correct approach to take in finding the root cause of this electrical failure

• Like 1