1961 Dodge Seneca wagon

1961 dodge Seneca wagon. Red over gold interior. 6 cyl manual, 3 on the tree. 4 new tires, new battery. Fuel filter. Runs with fuel added to carb. Clutch works and shifts.
Needs
Finish brake repair.
Windshield
Carpet
Repair lights as needed
1 lf rim
Repair gas tank leak and flush system.
Driver window regulator fastening
Passrear door latch repair
Super rare car. Minor needs.
Install some surfboards on roof and 4 hubcaps and it’s cruise night everyday you drive it.
Front floors have been patched. Car from Virginia years ago. Some body repair years ago when painted red. Very solid for age.
May be an image of car and outdoors
May be an image of car and outdoors
No photo description available.
No photo description available.
May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says '206049 MICHIGAN APR. HISTORICAL'

We had a turquoise and white version of this car when I was five years old, though ours may have been a Pioneer instead of a Seneca. Ours also had a 318 V8...which may have been only marginally faster than a slant six. I can't remember how many times I threw up while sitting in the rearward facing back seat, but it happened more than once.

Wind deflectors that were positioned to sweep the wind across the tailgate window to help keep it cleaned off.  An additional benefit was to dissipate the vortex of air directly behind which contained exhaust fumes.  They were common on Mopar station wagon, have to check the options brochure to determine if they were a factory or dealer-installed items.  

Note the poor visibility of both taillights even from straight on.  At a thee-quarters view, only one is visible.

Disjoined and bizarre seem to best describe 1961 Dodge styling...which makes them interesting and even desirable now.

Edited by 58L-Y8
Poor taillight visibility (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Note the poor visibility of both taillights even from straight on.  At a thee-quarters view, only one is visible.

Disjoined and bizarre seem to best describe 1961 Dodge styling...which makes them interesting and even desirable now.

Yes, styling is odd, yet cool, in a strange sort of way.  I really like the rear end styling of a lot of the 50s/60s station wagons, but especially the Mopars.  The '61 Plymouth wagon tail lights almost look like hand-held flashlights tacked onto the rear quarter panels.

• Like 1