Want to buy: 1936-39 Convertible sun visor bracket

I am looking for the diver's side chrome 3-mounting screw bracket for the sun visor off a 1936-1939 Mopar convertible. I am missing this piece for my 1938 Chrysler convertible. I only need the bracket as I have the visor rod. Here's a picture of the passenger side for a 1938 convertible. i need a bracket that is a mirror image to this one.

38 Dodge visor.JPG

Edited by RSayak
new information on what fits. (see edit history)

These were reproduced by Verdone a while back.  I think someone in his family is selling his reproductions. They were at Hershey a couple years ago.

The truck chrome visor brackets are drilled slightly different than the 1946-48 MoPar  convertible brackets.

I've tried swapping truck brackets on to my 48 Chrysler...visors would swing down at an odd angle....couldn't use the truck brackets.

• RSayak changed the title to Want to buy: 1935-39 Convertible sun visor bracket
9 hours ago, c49er said:

The truck chrome visor brackets are drilled slightly different than the 1946-48 MoPar  convertible brackets.

I've tried swapping truck brackets on to my 48 Chrysler...visors would swing down at an odd angle....couldn't use the truck brackets.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't think there was a difference, but I haven't actually had one to try. Do you know if all the convertible ones might be the same angle? or if the 46-48 might have differences from the 1935-39 ones?

I will check my books to see if I can match up the part numbers car to truck.

A friend of mine who passed away had two 39 Plym converts....His massive parts all were sold off. He would have had lots of that rare hard to find convertible parts ..oh well.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, c49er said:

I will check my books to see if I can match up the part numbers car to truck.

A friend of mine who passed away had two 39 Plym converts....His massive parts all were sold off. He would have had lots of that rare hard to find convertible parts ..oh well.

Thanks, that would be super helpful. i just have a 1938 car parts book here so I am not able to match much else at the moment.  No worries on missed parts inventory... seems to be the way things go for me lately... oh well indeed.

numbers I was able to find, but I suspect include the bracket and the rod:

visor swing arm assembly: right 712807
visor swing arm assembly: left 712808

Edited by RSayak (see edit history)

Well I looked thru my 1936-42 Chrysler parts list....has no interior upholstery or visor parts listed...group 23-103-...

All I can supply is the Dodge truck chrome bracket found as an option #593789

And the Chrysler convert chrome arm and bracket sold originally as a assembly..#936366.

Both the above chrome brackets look identical but are drilled ever so slightly different for the chrome visor arm.

A picture of the DT visor arm brackets..

And of a 1946-48 broken or whats left of it Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler bracket...notice bracket visor arm holes truck centered verses offset convertible.

Some of this info might help even though not mid to late 30's MoPar...

Though the part #'s I've listed are mid to  late 30's.

20210523_142951_compress55.jpg

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

• RSayak changed the title to Want to buy: 1936-39 Convertible sun visor bracket
On 5/23/2021 at 6:37 PM, c49er said:

Well I looked thru my 1936-42 Chrysler parts list....has no interior upholstery or visor parts listed...group 23-103-...

All I can supply is the Dodge truck chrome bracket found as an option #593789

And the Chrysler convert chrome arm and bracket sold originally as a assembly..#936366.

Both the above chrome brackets look identical but are drilled ever so slightly different for the chrome visor arm.

A picture of the DT visor arm brackets..

And of a 1946-48 broken or whats left of it Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler bracket...notice bracket visor arm holes truck centered verses offset convertible.

Some of this info might help even though not mid to late 30's MoPar...

Though the part #'s I've listed are mid to  late 30's.

20210523_142951_compress55.jpg

That’s very helpful, thanks. The assemblies I have (both right side) are like your assembly on the left of in the photo. All the truck sets I have seen have had a straight rod after the 90 degree bend, not a U-bend gooseneck shape.