Wheel Spacers

Ginaxu

If you are looking for a wider stance spacers are not going to do it. You won't get much extra width before you run out of wheel stud length.  New, longer studs are available but a pita to install correctly. Just save up for wider wheels and tires. 

1 hour ago, bryankazmer said:

Effect on suspension geometry and function?

Definitely.  Moving the stock wheels outward will increase the strain on the wheel bearings, particularly the outer front wheel bearings leading to premature failure.  Get the proper wheels and tires.

I think there are more trucks in my area with aftermarket , increased offset wheels than stock. Not my thing but with normal maintenance there does not seem to be a huge problem. 

Lifted 4 x 4 's are n1 1977 F 250 Ford Rough Country Suspension Lift 6in Dropstars 652bm Machined Blackot really big on handling anyway.  Form SHOULD follow function , but many in the truck crowd seem to have skipped that day in school.

In the old days power steering on trucks was either unavailable or a poor design. These days the power assist is much improved, you never feel the less than ideal geometry .  Tire wear ? Well that might be a very different thing, but looking cool seems to be more important.

Lot's of truck's like this in my area. But they usually have much more mud splattered all over them.

When I was young I was probably not that much better, Land Rovers probably should not be used on mountain trails , but what the heck , why not ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

This is where I grew up, so yes lots of time in the bush. Logging roads and skid trails all through the hills. They go on for a few hundred miles . But eventually it gets too rough for trucks, Jeeps, Land Rovers etc. Foot, dirt bikes or quads only. 

50180290.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, padgett said:

No wonder real estate is so expensive there, all horizontal is being used.

I now live out in the Fraser Valley. About 25 miles South East of where the top picture is taken. Lots of flat land , but speculators have driven the prices up in the entire region . Small acreages that were hard to sell 20 years ago for $350,000. now sell quickly at $3,500,000. It will be 40 years at least before development even comes close, but so much money has flooded in from outside Canada it is like living in an alternate reality.

Google " the Vancouver model ".  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  Huge sums { really , really huge } also arriving from India. As long term , small family farms sell in my area at least 90 % of the time a HUGE house is built and all the land turned into blue berry fields. Almost 100% new Canadians and money that is new to Canada. It's mostly about getting people and capital out of India and into a safe , minimal tax situation.  These newcomers know more about Canadian Govt. programs , tax laws and working the system than 99.9 % of the people who grew up here.