For Sale: 1950 Dodge Sedan - "excellent inside & out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine - 6/25 Reduced

For sale on Craigslist: 1950 Dodge 4dr Sedan in Oxford, ME  -  $11,000  -  Call Jon:  207 890 04 six four

On 6/25, Seller reduced price to $9,000

Link to 7/16 relist: https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/oxford-1950-dodge/7352250930.html

Seller's Description:

1950 Dodge 4dr Sedan

• condition: excellent
  • odometer: 64000
  • transmission: other
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

1950 Dodge 64000 miles, excellent shape inside and out, will consider trade. Please do not text or e-mail as I am an old duffer and not tech savvy. Call Jon at 207 890 04 six four.

image.png.c0cad9f1ad8f0346ebc2980b76d705df.png

image.png.6741a32075e554cd9c5151f1317b4697.png

image.png.6c155178d0ea2c1b72bf41f92094d6f9.png

image.png.c5e98b2a58faa25b3e41b6dd706b647c.png

image.png.367cc0e8626118372859a9b5742ab2ca.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Dodge (Meadowbrook?) Sedan - "excellent shape inside and out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Dodge (Meadowbrook?) Sedan - "excellent shape inside and out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine - 6/12 Relisted
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Dodge (Meadowbrook?) Sedan - "excellent shape inside & out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine - 6/12 Relisted
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Dodge Sedan - "excellent inside & out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine - 6/12 Relisted - 6/25 Reduced

Like the color but I don't even see it moving for even 7k.  And I am a 50's mopar guy.   Nobody is looking for these unless they are 3500 estate sale specials.  In comparison I got this Chrysler Windsor for 7300 and that is original paint.  Hate to see it get pushed back in the garage for 5 years then driven for a 5k offer.  pre 1953 mopars just don't have a market right now

chrysler.jpg

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Like the color but I don't even see it moving for even 7k.  And I am a 50's mopar guy.   Nobody is looking for these unless they are 3500 estate sale specials.  In comparison I got this Chrysler Windsor for 7300 and that is original paint.  Hate to see it get pushed back in the garage for 5 years then driven for a 5k offer.  pre 1953 mopars just don't have a market right now

chrysler.jpg

The look of this is perfect. Please don’t deface it with whitewalls.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Thanks !  Love the car.  I will be taking off the modern radials though.  It is like docking the Queen Mary at low speed.  Back with black walls.

Funny I didn't pick up on that.  Usually the radials look really wrong.   That car has a great look.

• Like 2

I've had very little interest in My 51 Dodge.  Though I found some stuff that needed sorting better once I got it on the road so I haven't refreshed any of the ads and I'm actually going to pull the one I have on Facebook until i have it ready to go.  The other expired.  Had a few guys interested,  but I told them to wait until I had it sorted.  It's been long enough now I will have to start all over with marketing.  Better to have it appear fresh on the market. 

Oh yeah and remember this was a turnkey car I bought then spent a year plus fixing everything that was wrong.   That's why old cars get such a bad rap.  The problems just get passed on to the new owner.

Hopefully in about a week I'll have my new press to repair the rear u-joint and that will fix my driveline vibration. The ujoint was ran dry so long it actually wore the housing in one spot so it created an occasional vibration that was tricky to pinpoint as the balls had to drop into the notch to create the slop in the joint.  It all depended on which bump and how the rear end moved as to get it into that spot.   

IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I've had very little interest in My 51 Dodge.  Though I found some stuff that needed sorting better once I got it on the road so I haven't refreshed any of the ads and I'm actually going to pull the one I have on Facebook until i have it ready to go.  The other expired.  Had a few guys interested,  but I told them to wait until I had it sorted.  It's been long enough now I will have to start all over with marketing.  Better to have it appear fresh on the market. 

Oh yeah and remember this was a turnkey car I bought then spent a year plus fixing everything that was wrong.   That's why old cars get such a bad rap.  The problems just get passed on to the new owner.

Hopefully in about a week I'll have my new press to repair the rear u-joint and that will fix my driveline vibration. The ujoint was ran dry so long it actually wore the housing in one spot so it created an occasional vibration that was tricky to pinpoint as the balls had to drop into the notch to create the slop in the joint.  It all depended on which bump and how the rear end moved as to get it into that spot.  

Randy,  your wayfarer is the top of the food chain for the early post war dodge & plymouth.   Did you try posting it on https://p15-d24.com/ ?

• Like 2

I laid off trying to sell it once I found the drivability issues as I wanted whoever came to look at it, not to have issues when it came to the test drive.  I don't like wasting my time or anyone else's,  so I try to make sure stuff is right before a potential buyer shows up.  You only have one chance for the car to make a first impression.  Once I get it sorted I'll remarket it.  The driveshaft ujoint issue has added 6 weeks to the whole ordeal.  First trying to get someone to press the pin out,  then once I found a guy he didn't replace the pin, just the caps, so I had to buy a press,  which because of the supply issues over the last year is taking longer to get.  In fact it won't be in until July 1st. I couldn't find a used one near by to buy either. 

Of course with diagnostic work it's in the garage up on stands,  back down on the road,  back in the garage on stands for more sorting.  

I checked the motor mounts, ran it with them loosened and the weight of the tranny off the rear, Found the fluid coupling was low on oil which we thought could cause an inbalance,  even added a harmonic balancer which it didn't have as some seemed to have them and some not with no rhyme or reason, which required taking the radiator out to get to.  Finally traced it back to the new u joint being the issue.  (which just replacing what was replaced helped the original bad vibration alot.  

This is the original.  It was also missing the cover, grease seal and spring that keeps pressure on the shaft to help center it.  I didn't take it apart so I couldn't see how bad the housing was grooved.  I probably would have replaced it then. 

I bought one of those venom inversion heat tools Ed talked about, so between that and the press,  I should be able to heat the shaft up and press the pin out I hope. 

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9073.JPG

• Like 1

I am lucky to work commercial construction and starting in 2 weeks they begin dismantling the school next door as we open up the new one. Last year they replaced the schools roof we are tearing down because of hail damage. So looking at cutting a deal with the demo guys for the 40ft sheets of R panel that is basically new.  But doing that removal during a TX summer is no fun deal. It is in the middle of a neighborhood so no way I can go in from 9 pm till morning and get a couple hundred panels at night because of noise restrictions.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Dodge Sedan - "excellent inside & out" - Oxford, ME - Not Mine - 6/25 Reduced