The treasure hunting season has begun

I'll soon be on the way to the Luray pre-war swap meet.  Weather looks good, a record number of vendors are anticipated, and when the stuff gets unloaded, I'll be there scrounging spark plugs, brassy stuff and other interesting automobilia.  Am very much looking forward to the social aspect as well.  Will have some good friends from Richmond next door, and plenty of our own Model T club and AACA members plan to stop in for a rest and a visit.  There will be evenings at the hotel to visit and sip some scotch, tell stores and show off our discoveries.   Along the route, there are a few regular antique stops that I'll pester again, and who knows what interesting things I'll see along the way.  I take a different route ever trip and already have a few "Xs" on the map.  I'll be checking out some signs along a fence that a friend spotted, and there is an old abandoned country store that needs to be explored too. 

So-the excitement mounts and it is beginning to feel like normal again.  I'll be taking some photos and will post a full report as soon as possible. 

Here come's the season-let the hunt begin!

Terry

Next to to me if the field is laid out the same. See you there.

Terry

What a fantastic swap meet.  Perfect weather, great attendance, a field full of vendors with great stuff, fantastic hosts at the VFW, super friendly club members running it all - just a great bunch of folks having a good time at a real old-fashioned style swap meet.  I heard so many people comment - this is they way it should be.  Others - the good time are back again!   Yes-I found some treasure that I'll photograph when I unpack the truck tomorrow.  Just got home and am tired from having too much great fun.   Think this deserves to be moved to the general discussion forum so everyone can see it easily.  Pictures forthcoming, you just gotta put this one on your calendar for next year.

Terry

• Like 1