1920 disc wheel bolt

RKS

Have a set of disc wheels and hubs. 
I do not have the original bolts but appear to be 9/16 with a 20 thread per inch pattern. I have the 18 per inch and these not work. Does anyone know of a source for the 9/16 20s 

Amazon has a tap this size but not the bolts. 
thanks in advance 

Ron

D42FCFAB-6D3A-41A8-9048-E67F180305D8.jpeg

Moon was an assembled car and used Disteel brand wheels. The Moon wheels are very similar and have similar rings, but as far as I know, Moon never used a 6 lug hub. Maybe search for what other cars used Disteel wheels and you will find your answer. The Moon lug bolts on the car I am restoring used a 9/16-18 thread. Here are the reproduction bolts we just had made based on measurements from the originals. It was a costly process.

KIMG0993.JPG

KIMG0991~2.JPG

• Like 1

These are early Lincoln wheels. 23 inch. Could also use another (for a spare) if it were around. Thanks for the all the comments. Will keep everyone posted. Talking with someone now about possible correct bolts. 

Very rarely see disc wheels on model L Lincolns! A long-time cherished friend of mine has a 1925 close-coupled sedan with its original disc wheels. 

I am fairly sure he does not have an extra wheel. Besides, I think the 1925 wheel/tire is smaller than 23 inch.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, RKS said:

These did end up being 9/16-18 size. 
Had some bad threads when initially tried. They are also all right hand treads. 
Ron

Another thing about 9/16-18UNF bolts. Most all the 9/16 wheel bolts of the 20's & 30's had a hex head size of 7/8". Modern 9/16-18UNF bolts have a hex head size of 13/16. It's getting hard to find the old bolts with the larger heads that can be made into lug bolts and making them from scratch gets expensive.

I am not sure if the Lincoln bolts are the same, but here are some measurements of the Moon bolts. The hex in our case was 3/4 and the head was 1/2 inch tall. The wheels are hub centered, so there is no taper on the bolts, just a step so that the corners of the hex don't dig into the ring underneath. Other than looks, the most important thing would be that they do not have a tapered seat. I have looked long and hard for any other lug bolt option. All that I could find were lug bolts with tapered seats. If you can't find a close up picture of the original Lincoln ones, maybe try getting some that do have the taper and having machinist remove the taper on a lathe.

1461488463_Moonlugboltmeasurements1.jpg.d25fc674ecce7a0d0bae5e1d48d3b10a.jpg

Moon lug bolt measurements 1.jpg

On 5/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, ryan95 said:

I am not sure if the Lincoln bolts are the same, but here are some measurements of the Moon bolts. The hex in our case was 3/4 and the head was 1/2 inch tall. The wheels are hub centered, so there is no taper on the bolts, just a step so that the corners of the hex don't dig into the ring underneath. Other than looks, the most important thing would be that they do not have a tapered seat. I have looked long and hard for any other lug bolt option. All that I could find were lug bolts with tapered seats. If you can't find a close up picture of the original Lincoln ones, maybe try getting some that do have the taper and having machinist remove the taper on a lathe.

1461488463_Moonlugboltmeasurements1.jpg.d25fc674ecce7a0d0bae5e1d48d3b10a.jpg

Moon lug bolt measurements 1.jpg

Franklin wire wheels were made by The Motor Wheel Corp., as were many other cars. Here is the drawing for their wheel bolts.

Wire Wheel bolts, Motor Wheel Corp..jpg