Production numbers for Royale 8 ??

02Anders

Gentlemen,

I'm not hugely active on the forum, but I've previously posted a bit under Buick when our museum recently purchased a 1908 Buick Model 10, and againunder Overland where I had a similar question to the one I'm presaentin here.

We've recently purchased a 1931 REO Royale 8 Victoria for our museum here in Copenhagen, Denmark.  I'm currently in the process of writing new spec. & description sheets for all our cars, and I've unfortunately not been able to find out how many Royale 8 were produced.  I'm after the combined production number of all Royale 8 between 1931 and 1933 please.  It would be hugely appreciated if anyone has this information...

7 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

Gentlemen,

I'm not hugely active on the forum, but I've previously posted a bit under Buick when our museum recently purchased a 1908 Buick Model 10, and againunder Overland where I had a similar question to the one I'm presaentin here.

We've recently purchased a 1931 REO Royale 8 Victoria for our museum here in Copenhagen, Denmark.  I'm currently in the process of writing new spec. & description sheets for all our cars, and I've unfortunately not been able to find out how many Royale 8 were produced.  I'm after the combined production number of all Royale 8 between 1931 and 1933 please.  It would be hugely appreciated if anyone has this information...

https://reoroyaleforum.net/thread/26/factory-production-numbers

On 5/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, 02Anders said:

Gentlemen,

Is there any chance you can post a picture of your car? There is a very active groupe doing parts reproductions and particular details for 

Royales. You may be interested in being part of it.

Victor

For your information there were two models offered by Reo as Royales for 1931-32... a shorter 8-31 and a larger and a bit more luxurious 8-35. That is, 131"  and 135"wheelbase. It would be interesting to know which one you have. There are about 15 Victorias known, in different conditions.

Victor 

@alsancle The link you've provided keeps crashing every time I try to log in as a guest.  Frustrating...
Any chance anyone can log in and find production numbers for me?  I would really appreciate it...

@V.Milke I'll attempt to attach a few pictures.  I'm no pro on the subject, but I'm fairly certain ours is an 8-31.
Conditionwise, it's not a Pebble Beach winner, but it is indeed in very good and tidy condition both in, out and mechanically.
Also comes with full Danish history from new.  We are only the third owner of the car...

REO Royale 8 - a.jpg

REO Royale 8 - b.jpg

REO Royale 8 - c.jpg

REO Royale 8 - d.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

@alsancle The link you've provided keeps crashing every time I try to log in as a guest.  Frustrating...
Any chance anyone can log in and find production numbers for me?  I would really appreciate it...

@V.Milke I'll attempt to attach a few pictures.  I'm no pro on the subject, but I'm fairly certain ours is an 8-31.
Conditionwise, it's not a Pebble Beach winner, but it is indeed in very good and tidy condition both in, out and mechanically.
Also comes with full Danish history from new.  We are only the third owner of the car...

I think if you create an account you will be able to get in.     The club thinks there were around 2k sedans built,  650, Victoria's, 450 coupes, and 50 convertible coupes.   These numbers are approximate but close to what the consensus is these days based on production chassis numbers.

Excellent picture!  Thx for sharing.
If that's an 8-35, then I suppose ours is too as they certainly look identicle.

However, I doubt that it's the same car as ours.  That car appears to have early Swedish number plates, and our example was sopposedly registered in Denmark from brand new.
If it's any help to you, the body number of ours is: 537-865

36 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

Excellent picture!  Thx for sharing.
If that's an 8-35, then I suppose ours is too as they certainly look identicle.

However, I doubt that it's the same car as ours.  That car appears to have early Swedish number plates, and our example was sopposedly registered in Denmark from brand new.
If it's any help to you, the body number of ours is: 537-865

You can distinguish an 831 from an 835 by the hoods.  The 835 has vent doors.

Yes, your car is without a doubt a 1931-32 8-35 Victoria Coupe. Gorgeous car! Congratulations!

Here is a link in the forum that tells the differences between 8-1 and 8-35:

https://reoroyaleforum.net/thread/77/differences-8-31-35-48

Here is the link on the known Victorias:

https://reoroyaleforum.net/thread/27/8-35-victoria-coupe

By the way, your car is listed there, but apparently we have two different chassis numbers for it. Perhaps you can help us clarify.

Victor

35 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

Well, in that case it is definitely an 835 we have.  Thank you.